Overpriced garages in your area? We've all got one surely?

vaughant

This place to be fair have been trading for years, so they must do something right, but I do often drive past and have a good chuckle at their prices.

https://www.facebook.com/252112938263150/photos/a.253337344807376/745289942278778/?type=3

To be fair, post COVID some seem almost plausible but £3k for an 05 Fabia? Base in doom blue? Come on 🤣🤣🤣. Even in COVID madness that's a max of £1995 on a forecourt surely? Probably £600 on here!!

There was an RR Sport in there the other day but I couldn't see the price as it was frosted over but on a 56 I'd bet it was still £10k or the like.

They don't seem to have an amazing website but they go as "ENSIGN GARAGES".

The petrol station near me used to have some mental prices but in their defence they were only really selling the cars for the customer and taking a cut, the R reg metro /rover 100 for £4995 at 9yrs old always makes me smile, I think it was there for about 3 years.

Surely they can't be the only ones? 

What ones do you have in your area that still think a mk6 Fiesta 1.2 is worth £5995?

I'll bet they don't sell many.

I was going to sell my 545 this spring - it's immaculate and low mileage. However perusing the usual places everything is utter shite - higher miles, cat N/S, some of the stuff is visibly fucked.

I may as well keep it and spend some money on finishing the SD1.

1 hour ago, Crispian_J_Hotson said:

I might just go out of the home office and have a look. There is a long established dealer a few miles away.

The small dealers here in the city seem to set up, fill the yard with Porsches and other ridiculous premium tat priced at 9 billion £ each and then vanish months later.

Laundering money or diddling the taxman; the ambitious may be doing both.

3 hours ago, vaughant said:

This place to be fair have been trading for years, so they must do something right, but I do often drive past and have a good chuckle at their prices.

https://www.facebook.com/252112938263150/photos/a.253337344807376/745289942278778/?type=3

To be fair, post COVID some seem almost plausible but £3k for an 05 Fabia? Base in doom blue? Come on 🤣🤣🤣. Even in COVID madness that's a max of £1995 on a forecourt surely? Probably £600 on here!!

There was an RR Sport in there the other day but I couldn't see the price as it was frosted over but on a 56 I'd bet it was still £10k or the like.

They don't seem to have an amazing website but they go as "ENSIGN GARAGES".

The petrol station near me used to have some mental prices but in their defence they were only really selling the cars for the customer and taking a cut, the R reg metro /rover 100 for £4995 at 9yrs old always makes me smile, I think it was there for about 3 years.

Surely they can't be the only ones? 

What ones do you have in your area that still think a mk6 Fiesta 1.2 is worth £5995?

Old trick this. Keep the prices up then when someone brings their fucked 140k mile Fiat Uno in as a P/X and gets offered £1300 for it they can't sign on the line fast enough. Amazing how many people don't look at the P/X to buy gap but get fixated an a good trade-in price and they'll be back in 3 years for the next one!

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Breeze... that’s not it a breeze, wouldn’t ‘torrential rain and heavily overcast with the possibility of localised flooding until Thursday’ be more appropriate?

2 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

IMG_20230119_145235.thumb.jpg.8c87c1107052711e3e195c46cf5b6323.jpg

4 and a half for a VW Fox!? These things are extremely undesirable in the trade, lucky to see half of that. And a 1.2 time bomb as well

I'm guessing this one is from auction not part ex, the background (not sure if real or digital is all over Autotrader). Also due is suggests enroute from auction house. When I was looking at i40 estates there was one photographed with the same background that remained due in 'soon'.

18 minutes ago, Landy Mann said:

I'm guessing this one is from auction not part ex, the background (not sure if real or digital is all over Autotrader). Also due is suggests enroute from auction house. When I was looking at i40 estates there was one photographed with the same background that remained due in 'soon'.

That background is instant avoid for me, BCA use it and you can get it on an app. It basically says to me ‘I’ve looked it for 30 seconds before it went through the block, can’t really be bothered with taking any proper photos as realistically you’ll be able to tell I’m operating out of what is tantamount to a scrapyard’

2 hours ago, Landy Mann said:

Those honest* folks at Sterling Cars in Reading use that background for a lot of their auction listings, which they definitely don't* shill bid up to ridiculous prices then relist the next day.

2 hours ago, Lanciaman said:

I'd be surprised if any get close to this lot. 

https://www.gumtree.com/sellerads/1430901889?page=1

They're all crazy money. 

11 grand for a saab drop top. 88k miles

8 grand for a laguna estate. 

10 grand for a 100k miler Ford galaxy. 10 years old. 

Its too mental.... 

MOUTH OPEN EMOJI

It's like travelling back in time to 2013. Is it a front?

Screenshot 2023-01-19 194541.png

Screenshot 2023-01-19 194653.png