Autoshite Calendar: 2023 - Last 20 Calendars dispatched. Chod with dates on it, displayed for others to gawp at

CaptainBoom

Well, the polls are in and I've realised a few things;

• I can't do an election night special, because I don't look like Jon Snow
  • I can't do graphic design for shit, I wish I'd paid more attention to Mr Ensor, in 3rd year, but he was a jug-eared prick.
  • Vistaprint are gobshites, they put their prices up today (Monday) and pulled the discount that I had, which nearly made the whole thing unviable.  Never mind, I found an alternative printer.

Anyway, the results are in:

February: Rob88h's Mini & Caravan combo
March: Rob88h's select fleet photo
April: Buttery Base Astra
May: Huggy
June: Joint winners* Zels' Beige driveway overload and Spottedlaurel's Laurel <-- I squeezed them both onto one page, because I couldn't decide between them
July: Wibble's Cortina
August: Fordperv's Capri
September: HMC's Bentley at the tip
October: BorniteIdentity's Sierra bASE
November: Six-Cylinder's Peugeot 404
December: Rob88h's Christmas Mini
January: Wibble's Senator B
Cover: You'll find out when you get it!

Thank you to everyone who voted, compiled lists, answered my daft questions, measured their letterboxes @gm and corrected my gaffes, it's appreciated.

Also thank you to all of the people who have paid so far.  (That isn't a dig at those yet to pay, there is still plenty of time).  The calendar design is complete, I've just got to call the printers tomorrow as the website is trying to charge £10.99 delivery per calendar, I'm hoping that it's a bug with the website!  I've had a stressful night shift with all this, so I ought to get some work done.

I'll update the thread when the box arrives from the printers.  Once each tranch of envelopes has been packed for Royal Mail or courier, I'll put a list of names up here and let you know when they are getting dispatched.  Soon I hope, otherwise I might have the pre-cross off early February for you all.

@MorrisItalSLX I haven't forgotten you, Tim our antipodean friend wasn't picking his phone up when I called him.

I have ordered several extra in case of lossage in the post or if anyyne else would like to put their hand up for a calendar.

• CaptainBoom changed the title to Autoshite Calendar: Feb 2023 - Jan 2024, Polls Closed, design now at the printers Chod with dates on it, displayed for others to gawp at
9 hours ago, N19 said:

Thank you for sorting this out!

No probs, it's been fun.  It's taken my mind off the grind that is job hunting (and given me a reason to stay in my current job a bit longer, namely ways of posting out calendars etc)

2 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

I should have bought two 🙄

don’t be out of pocket. If they cost slightly more let us know and I’ll ping more mular over. 

Not a problem, let me check the master spreadsheet, once the kids are off the ‘puter. I’m sure we’ve got a spare one or two.

• CaptainBoom changed the title to Autoshite Calendar: 2023 - Good News! First 30 Calendars have arrived, Chod with dates on it, displayed for others to gawp at

@RobT

@wesacosa

@garycox

I’ve been given some local driving jobs today and I’m in your/our area. I will hand deliver yours in the next hour. Garycox, I’m talking about your second calendar.l, not the one to your address.

Sounds a bit cryptic all this!

1 hour ago, CaptainBoom said:

@RobT

@wesacosa

@garycox

I’ve been given some local driving jobs today and I’m in your/our area. I will hand deliver yours in the next hour. Garycox, I’m talking about your second calendar.l, not the one to your address.

Sounds a bit cryptic all this!i

if you haven't been to mine yet the house entrance is on the side road not the main road. look out for the XM and panda parked outside and the Favorit on drive down side of garage 

EDIT: Just got home to find it ! many thanks 

7 hours ago, CaptainBoom said:

@RobT

@wesacosa

@garycox

Sounds a bit cryptic all this!

Thanks very much!  Sorry I wasn't in if you rang the intercom.

1 hour ago, aldo135 said:

Can I put my name down for 1 please? If there’s still time :) 

Of course, not a problem.  I'll fire off a PM to you in a moment.  Basically, it's £10.25 each (via Paypal or bank transfer) and there is a short form to fill in with your name and address. 

• CaptainBoom changed the title to Autoshite Calendar: 2023 - Good News! First 30 Calendars Dispatched! Chod with dates on it, displayed for others to gawp at

I dispatched the first 27 calendars last night, the following people will (should) see theirs today via UPS:

@Macscrooge@Zelandeth@rml2345@adw1977@catsinthewelder@gm@dozeydustman@sutty2006@Matty

They've been instructed to put the envelope through your letterbox if you aren't in, hopefully this will work.

And I used the Royal Mail for the following:

@AnnoyingPentium @Six-cylinder@Dan302@loserone@Cookiesouwest@davidfowler2000@brownnova@garycox@red5@Sunny Jim@rob88h@Wilko220@castros_bro

My neighbour took them in to the sorting office he works at in exchange for a few beers, so they should get to you today/tomorrow/Thursday.

If your name isn't mentioned, then you are in the second batch of 20 calendars that are due in to me today/tomorrow (Evri can't seem to make their minds up on this) and I'll dispatch them asap.

@chodweaver you expressed an interest early on, would you still like two calendars?  No worries if you don't.