The Dugmeat Rexton

Supernaut

I hope it's all going well. Forts and Prayers lads. Forts and Prayers. 

Please deliver this man safely from his journey equipped with a new old car which is horrible, in jizzers name Arm Men. 

Please allow it to be a bargain with extra money off if the radio won't work in jizzers name Arm Men. 

Please hold him safely away from the big yellow taxi and the big orange taxi and fortify his balls so that they may be emptied of piss only twice on the voyage homeward in jizzers name Arm Men. 

By the dim dashboard glow of the farter, the bum and the holy boat.

Arm men. 

1 hour ago, Jim Bell said:

What a beautiful and magestic sight. 

AS 290 gang grows. 

I'm going for a 270 in that baby
Back in my Musso days the 290 was touted as the last of the veggies and you'd kill anything newer by vegg'ing it - maybe that was a sales ploy by the 290 owners looking to offload their older cars and go buy a 270? I've since been corrected by reading shite on here mind.
When the ugly Musso became the slightly-less-uglier Rexton (circa 2001 I think) they carried over the 290 and the 3200 petrol engines but later on (2004ish) the 5 cylinder 270 came in by which time the 3.2 petrol was not in demand. (Shame 'cos I really liked that engine in my Musso)

Anyways - nicely done for collecting a car that has a number plate that suggests 'FuKs Sake'

p.s. love Tebay - it's as far up the M6 to the Homeland that my bladder goes these days

2 hours ago, aldo135 said:

I should have guessed this, a certain Mr Peel was canvassing on behalf of this gang recently! His car is much better than I thought a Ssangyong would be! 

They're a properly well kept secret. 
Maybe not so much on here, now lol.

Mine has been constantly abused, the six years I have owned it. They just come back for more.

Lads, we need to arrange an RX290 diff dragging day out, in them.

Just now, Out Run said:

He's collected what folk wrongfully believe shares underpinnings with one.

But that style. That's South Korea's finest hour. That's all them.

Well they did jump ship and stick in the Aus BTR auto box, with the Rexton 290 but methinks the 270 got a MB one?

No idea about the manual boxes, car like that : why would you 😃

5 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Well, that was an eventful last 150 miles home.

The electricals in this one definitely need some attention, that's for sure...

What's up?

The only electrical issue I have had has been a tail light earth that required cleaning up.

How is it otherwise?

9 hours ago, Out Run said:

What's up?

The only electrical issue I have had has been a tail light earth that required cleaning up.

How is it otherwise?

Well, it seems to be mechanically sound.

Electrically? All I can say is WTF.

When I tried to leave Tebay, it just clicked. No start. The seller did mention the battery was a bit lazy, but it started and stopped several times just fine around Leeds. After a couple of hours of sustained driving (surely enough to charge a weak battery) it died.

Luckily, a member of staff at Tebay suggested rolling it backwards down the hill and bumping it. Worked first time as the engine was still warm.

Also, the windows don't work, and the heater direction controls seemingly do nothing. No matter what setting I select it's on face vents and footwells. Useful* during blizzard conditions. I kept the sunroof cracked open slightly to force ventilation and that kept things demisted nicely.

I stopped at Abingdon services to put a little bit more diesel in to soothe my range anxiety (I was below quarter of a tank at this point), so I subtly rolled into the forecourt and switched off the lights and wipers but left the engine idling.

About 40 miles from home, all the indicators came on. Solid.

I figured seeing as I was on a quiet motorway at about 11pm on a Saturday night, I'd press on home.

Upon turning off the ignition and removing the key, it stayed like this:

IMG_20230114_233424603.jpg?width=789&hei

I disconnected the battery and went to bed. I haven't been back outside to look at the cunt yet.

It seems the engine alone is worth 4 figures.

Does anybody want an OM662 with a free car attached to it?

• Supernaut changed the title to The Dugmeat Rexton

Here it is in the cold light of day.

IMG_20230115_094527569.thumb.jpg.1cf5fd74a496ae072e8c055f0db47d6f.jpg

IMG_20230115_094507489_HDR.thumb.jpg.77d3e44aa21e545d0625bbd546fa59b5.jpg

IMG_20230115_094455593.thumb.jpg.a41f3fb551679410855ae9453e82c978.jpg

I have located the ground on the side of the block but haven't done anything with it.

I connected the battery back on just to see, and the indicators are still stuck.

Not sure I have the energy today.

5 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Here it is in the cold light of day.

IMG_20230115_094527569.thumb.jpg.1cf5fd74a496ae072e8c055f0db47d6f.jpg

IMG_20230115_094507489_HDR.thumb.jpg.77d3e44aa21e545d0625bbd546fa59b5.jpg

IMG_20230115_094455593.thumb.jpg.a41f3fb551679410855ae9453e82c978.jpg

I have located the ground on the side of the block but haven't done anything with it.

I connected the battery back on just to see, and the indicators are still stuck.

Not sure I have the energy today.

Maybe the indicator issue is the relay.Hopefully you get sorted.

You may not have the energy. But you have a fucking SUNROOF 🤯

I see you don't have opening tailgate glass. I wonder if sunroof cars all came like this. 🤔 Is it a 2.9 S?

Get that exhaust free flowing as well if it isn't already and you'll love the sound.

14 minutes ago, SiC said:

If no clicking, the indicator relay contacts are sticking. Take out the relay to give it a few sharp taps and try again. 

That's precisely what it's doing. No clicking, just the indicators stuck on solid.

It actually manifested by the right-hand side sticking on, followed a few seconds later by the left joining in. At one point, the right-hand side went out again, and I was able to blink the right indicators a few times before they got stuck again.