Twinned car spots

grogee

28 minutes ago, grogee said:

Do you walk or drive past a place with two identical motors? Extra points for same colour, same spec etc.

These identical Alfas are near me (Napton, Warks) and have inspired this thread. 

IMG_20230105_152720493_HDR.jpg

Do I get a prize if I point out that there's a Mito and a Giulietta there? Or just told to stop being a pedantic bellend?! :D

20050421_Phone (25).jpg

Back when I had my '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy, I parked next to this '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy.  The owner of the other '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy tried to unlock my '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy and wondered why it wouldn't respond.  I pointed out that he needed to try the next car over.  Cue a stunned look from him.  Much hilarity.

And yes, that photo was indeed taken on a 0.02megapixel potato.  That was state-of-the-art for a cheap early-2000s phone camera.

Edit:  the cars were IDENTICAL.  Absolute carbon copies of each other.  Same interior, same specification, same wheel trims, same radio even.  The only thing to tell them apart was the registration and (if you look closely) the location of the tax disc in the windscreen.  Other than that.. nothing to separate them.

My folks had two black PT Cruisers for a bit:

11100668_10153183810124706_4288480445673708012_n.thumb.jpg.7be7c51decc9559a4c38cfdd4f266b83.jpg

Both black, but that's about all they had in common - the 55 was a 2.4 Touring auto with grey interior, the 53 was a 2.0 Classic manual with cream interior.

Shortly after I got my first Qashqai, another blue one cropped up in the works car park, followed by a black one - not that surprising really although it was a fairly small company. I was strangely happy that I had the better specced one of the three.

The parents of a lad I used to school with at one point had two matching brand new 59-plate C-Class Mercs - consecutive reg, both black, one estate one saloon, otherwise identically specced.

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

20050421_Phone (25).jpg

Back when I had my '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy, I parked next to this '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy.  The owner of the other '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy tried to unlock my '93 Peugeot 405 Hunter TD estate in burgundy and wondered why it wouldn't respond.  I pointed out that he needed to try the next car over.  Cue a stunned look from him.  Much hilarity.

Father Longbridge owned a runout Hunter on an L in the same shade back in the day. Brilliant workhorse over the decade he ran it for. The only issue he had was chasing oil leaks. He ended up spending a small fortune before the block was completely dry. I can only assume he must have parked it too close to a series Landie during the early days of his ownership which then gave it ideas. 

When I was a bit more prolific at uploading my shite spots on here (and to be fair when the supply of decent chod was a bit healthier) I used to see double spots all the time, 

Many are in some sort of Photobucket limbo but here's an example from that era.

IMG_0811_edited.jpg.00ba25f1e7fcaf3d17119735db070b75.jpg

Must have been about fifteen or so years ago now which is scary! I think the best one I had was two blue Toyota Spacecruisers.

i wish i had thought to photogragh grandads cars next to his mate freds cars over the years parked at the allotments!

• F  nissan sunny 1.6 GS- red... F587*** & F625***
  • J  honda concerto 1.6-16v auto- red
  • P nissan primera 2.0 SE auto- met red... P572JOX & P573JOX
  • 52 nissan primera 2.0 SVE cvt- met blue... BX52GXJ & BX52GYF
  • 07 honda civic 1.8 EX i-shift- silver/blue... BV07DPY & BV07DPZ
  • 11 honda jazz ES hybrid

all one of a pair with v similar reg nos