AS calendar… your date keeping is our concern. (New calendarist needed)

brownnova

As mentioned on news 24: 

I’ve done the calendar for the last few years, however I’ve got too much going on this month to have the capacity to do it this year, so a new Calendar meister is required.

Role is: 

1) Organise voting threads for the calendar by collating the nominations for each month and arranging polls. 
2) Design the calendar using a site such as bonus print (which is what I’ve used the last few years) 
3) Take orders, and payments. Collate addresses from members (that bit involves some chasing). 
4) Arrange for required number of calendars to be printed and dispatched to your gaff 
5) Write envelopes, pack calendars and send them out via your local post office (who will hate you when you arrive with them). 
6) Sit back and enjoy the glory when everyone says they’ve got their calendar.

Can be multiple people, I always found it easier to keep track if it was just one.  I’m more than happy to support anyone willing to take it on, I just can’t do it myself this year. 

The prospect of no AS calendar this year is MY concern!

Possibly not enough of a concern to actually step up and do it though, I mustard mitt.

Having said that, I have a lot of photos of shiter-owned rammle on the back of my trailer.  Perhaps I could justify the effort to myself if I could introduce an element of flagrant self-promotion...

I'll put my hat in the ring to do it, consider me a backstop if no-one else has a burning desire.  For the record though, I think worldofceri's photos would be quite entertaining just for the variety of chod that graces his trailer.

I appreciate that my post count isn't as high as some of the old guard on here, and you might have reservations about sending me money, I can assure you that I wouldn't run off to EL Salvador with the proceeds.

@brownnova roughly how many calendars have dispatched in previous years?  I've not got a handle on if it's 20, 50 or 300?  My neighbour is a postie, so I can avoid winding up the RM by giving them to him with a pack of beers.

18 minutes ago, reb said:

Surely a print on demand service could be used to have calendars sent direct to buyers rather than faffing about with having to collate addresses and whatnot?

I'm sure we did that one year. Someone put all the photos on to an online calendar service and put the project link on here so anyone who wanted one could click the link and order it. Also let you see it before receiving.