Shite resolutions for 2023…

brownnova

What shite projects do you plan to get done in ‘23? 
What shite do you aim to own this year? 
Do you have a particular event you are aiming for this year? 

For me: 

2023 is the year I aim to get the Nova back on the road. Decided to commit some time and money to it to achieve that aim this year. Might mean a sale or two though. 

I also feel that 2023 is the year to finally scratch the Rover or Jaguar itches, never owned either. And/or maybe another hydropneumatic Citroen. 

No concrete plans as such, I'll keep and maintain what I have until something jumps out at me. The Cavalier is on SORN but MOTd until October so as soon as the weather improves I'll get that back out. Its ready to roll.

I think I will be looking to change the brown 93 at some point after I've got it MOTd. My wife really likes it but she fancies a change. A TT is top of the list, followed by a Mercedes convertible of some sort.

I must try harder to experience more cars.

Sell the Blue Mx-5 (it will be MOTd and sold in spring)

Sell the Cav (it's going up for sale in a few weeks once I've finished the rear brakes) 

Then get at least two from below that I haven't owned:

Straight 6
V6
Wankel 
Boxer 
V12

Accepted wildcard will be another V8 (already had one but I would like another because burble) 

I think I'm in a patch of Pause at the moment with Shite.  I do like my Jag, but I could be tempted out of it.  However the cars that would be most tempting are already way out of reach even if I part-exed Handsome, and they don't qualify as Shite anyway.  I can't really afford to take on anything else, and certainly not welding.  That doesn't mean I'll be able to resist a new experience if the price is right though!

For 2023 I really want to start on my Astra Saloon. 

It's been ten years in my ownership now. Just finding panels and parts has kicked my ass, as I've wanted good repro or genuine panels for it. 

Have enough now to start it. 

I'll finish the Corsa first. But it'll likely be up for sale soon. As on the last day of 2022 I made another purchase of something I wanted for years. 

Try and get the Saab neatened up a bit in time for FOTU.

Get the Rover sold.

Either start tidying the Mazda up or sell it, haven't decided which.

Do SOMETHING with the Beetle, I haven't even seen the damn thing in nearly 3 years.

- Get Celsior on the road

- get Caprice on the road

- Replace front suspension on w140 and get it welded

- get S8 on the road

- replace gearbox in Lincoln

- sell A6

- get senator back on the road

- get E39 welded up and back on the road

- buy a house with my better half (ideally with a very large garage so shite related)

- and if all these aren't ambitious enough: get the Aurora in Germany fixed and on the road...

Probably sell my Mondeo that's 30 years old in two months, coming out of storage very shortly, still in a bit of a quandary about what/where/whether to do any other improvements before I do. 

and just improve the i10 a bit when it warms up, it could do with some accident damaged body panels replaced, auto fluid change or at least the air con fixed and some new front tyres.

I don't have any event plans, and given current life/work circumstances only expect a couple of thou' miles to be done.

2 hours ago, brownnova said:

What shite projects do you plan to get done in ‘23? 
What shite do you aim to own this year? 
Do you have a particular event you are aiming for this year? 

I really must get my garage floors done this year, this will enable me to get all my cars out of the weather.

I don’t really want to buy any more cars this year although I have bought two more cars which I hope to get home this year, they are currently in a barn blocked in by 30 other cars! I would like a Lotus Eclat or Elite and a 1600E but not this year.

I would like to get the welding done on my recently purchased Cortina GLS estate in time to take it to the Cortina show at Symonds Yat.

I would also like to attend a field of dreams weekend especially if anything is being done on the Royale or CX.

I just hope I can get enough time away from work .

Points of order - 

Focus:

Get it MOTd when due this month, iron out the niggles that have been mounting up in the background. Major service, cambelt, water pump, thermostat etc etc. Fit the cabin filter that I've been putting off since the summer 😂 - rectify inoperative air conditioning. 

May decide to sell up, run into the ground, or keep for the foreseeable future. Not decided yet 🤔 - what I do here might change the above tasks and relegate them to "don't bother" !

Picasso:

Get it MOTd and bodywork done. Possibly new rubber all round (still got it's original tyres from 2005 on the back!!) - needs a service, headunit installation, replace passenger front seat box or chase the damaged threads (previous owner has cross threaded the mounting bolt when accessing the battery 🤦) and anything else?? 

Most likely will be staying. Can't see it leaving for the foreseeable future. 

Buy more shite (???) 🤔🙂 - maybe find a sorted Rover 75 in my ideal spec. Not in a rush. I'll wait years for the right one. Rover 45 also a possibility. Other Rover or MG also apply if it's right place right time :) ZT190 or a facelift ZR are in the back of my mind 

no car plans 

get to ecr meat to slag that trig gadge :D - missed the end meet this year due to that beeching cunt and his mates

having been to jcs this year and the last 3 its been on not been to terenure in dublin since 2015 (always on the same weekend in july)

hoping that happens

hoping to do reims in february - might get @Conan to show me more car shit other than jesada :) long haul looking unlikely tho

try after 10 years to go to howth near dublin for the national motor museum there

its only open for 3 hours at weekends so your either too early on the way in or on the way out when theyre open :D special effort needed (already done cultraaaaaaaa numerous times)

I'd like another big bike but probably wont get one as the time just isnt right & it will end up sitting under a tarp most of the year.

Daughter Henge will be learning to drive later this month and I think she will end up with my car (the 2013 Citybug) and I'll buy a shitter to knock about in.