80s or earlier cars wanted for Sheffield school film shoot

DodgeRover

Nothing to do with me but I spotted this on retro Rides

[quote]

Hello

I work at Wales High School in South Yorkshire (S26 5QQ) and I'm producing a short film with my students on Thursday 22nd December.

The film is set in 1988 We're in desperate need for 80's cars for one of our scenes. Anything from mid 70s onwards would be fine.

We literally need the cars to park in front of the school building for 15 minutes.

Anybody on here local to South Yorkshire and can help?

We can offer £25 to cover your expenses. Looking to shoot sometime at 9.30sm at S26 5QQ.

Interested, please get in touch.

Thanks,

Liam Sanderson

I can be contacted directly by email

ls@waleshigh.com

Thanks.

[/quote]

https://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/223724/short-film-south-yorkshire-wanted

10 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Why do people, in this case a teacher, misuse the word 'literally' so often?

Using literally to make an exaggerated point (ie, when you mean 'figuratively') is a totally valid usage with a long historical precedent. The word is defined in the dictionary as such. Mark Twain did it, so did loads of other famous authors. Also, in this case, what makes you think he doesn't mean exactly what he says? He needs cars to be parked for literally 15 minutes.

My verdict: nothing to see here

16 hours ago, DodgeRover said:

The film is set in 1988 We're in desperate need for 80's cars for one of our scenes.

But not desperate enough to try and contact people on a timescale that might actually garner a result? Teaching kids to be feckless and disorganised? 🤣 I hope the budding auteur kept the need for a street scene secret and it's not the teacher in this case.

2 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

I should be there, last minute etc is std format for this.

i was going to take the SD1 but cant go now as iam having alternator issues. Apparently a local dealership has already agreed to provide a bluebird dont forget to take plenty of pictures ;) 

11 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Would like to do stuff like this with the Carlton once it’s on the road. Unfortunately it’s still on axle stands and I worked yesterday but meh. 

Done a lot through Fred transit ( although not heard from her since pre COVID).

Never pay to "register" with anyone the genuine ones will take your details  plus  four pics of exterior  plus one showing drivers interior with door open ( in case shots of driver will be used).