Number plate wanker - show us yours?

Dave_Q

Got a couple here; 

C17 ROV was in the DVLA bargain bucket at £250. There was only ever me going to buy it! 

1736410916_1stJune2020.thumb.jpg.82e2ef8d2b15f249b9931c5a8b50378a.jpg

The next one was on an old Cavalier of legendary status and fond memories now since departed;

1107099541_10Oct19(2).thumb.jpg.6590684011f4f26b4b1265eeba58847a.jpg

The final one is N471 CEY which was on a Corsa in the family from new. When the Corsa was written off it found its way on to another small Vauxhall. Currently it exists only on the retention certificate. It'll get an outing again one day. 

1237400786_3rdMay2022(2).thumb.jpg.7da4204b09af0a4f3236a756db265d8c.jpg

16 hours ago, Shedking said:

Surely the wanker plate to beat them all would be BO55 1 if such a thing exists, that would take it to a whole new level. 

'BIG' or 'B05S' plates seem to be the numbers of choice for people with absolutely fucked 20 year old Range Rovers running on 22 inch wheels.

7 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

There's a car I see regularly around my area driven by a woman and it has a registration with 'COW' at the end. It starts something like JS 52 and the car is clearly much newer so it is certainly a vanity plate. Unless her initials are in there somewhere, why the hell would you take pride in being thought of as a cow?

Maybe she’s a dairy farmer. Or an agricultural veterinarian.

A year or two ago when I was semi seriously looking at getting an MGF, I noticed the plate K5 HGF was available for about £250 on regtransfers. 

I never did buy an F as other expenses took priority, but in the meantime I notice the plate has disappeared from sale and appeared on... an MGF.
Bastard, that was *my* idea! 

I've always had a deep dislike of prefix vanity plates.  Yet after a combination of too much gin, an (unusually) well paid month at work and the fact a colleague had splurged out on 4 plates in as many months I took the plunge. 

G2 VRL was what I decided upon. The RL to signify my Cornish roots.  I had the plates made up in old style font with an oversized rear which I really do like. 

That was 5 years ago next month and it's still on retention and the plates still in the jiffy bag they were sent in...  All my chod is old enough where it seems a shame to be plate raped - I always like the idea of being able to look up old chod.  Perhaps when I have 12 unusually well paid months in a row I can buy a daily new enough where it won't matter! 🙄😂

26 minutes ago, 500tops said:

I've always had a deep dislike of prefix vanity plates.  Yet after a combination of too much gin, an (unusually) well paid month at work and the fact a colleague had splurged out on 4 plates in as many months I took the plunge. 

G2 VRL was what I decided upon. The RL to signify my Cornish roots.  I had the plates made up in old style font with an oversized rear which I really do like. 

That was 5 years ago next month and it's still on retention and the plates still in the jiffy bag they were sent in...  All my chod is old enough where it seems a shame to be plate raped - I always like the idea of being able to look up old chod.  Perhaps when I have 12 unusually well paid months in a row I can buy a daily new enough where it won't matter! 🙄😂

If you put a plate on something it will still go back onto its original if you later take the plate off it.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

If you put a plate on something it will still go back onto its original if you later take the plate off it.

I am aware of that tbf. I'm not one who changes their car frequently these days - in fact my £350 winter beater has been with me for 12 years! I'm always conscious that a previous owner might look it up and be faced with a 'no details held' scenario. 

21 hours ago, Shedking said:

Surely the wanker plate to beat them all would be BO55 1 if such a thing exists, that would take it to a whole new level. 

The correct spacing of that plate would be BO 551, so double wanker points!

I recently saw 60 VL on an Astra, but it had been fucked around with to read 60V l (that's a lowercase L). Way to make a decent plate look tacky!

fbmyplates.jpg.b7a03cdbb2b3bd676d122f2f6b2962ff.jpg

On retention, I think I'll eventually find a 13 plate (or newer) scooter and get some rave scene graphics. The better version (AC13EED) can be entered into a DVLA auction at request, but whatevs. Unless someone on here has been D Mob'bed recently.

11 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

'BIG' or 'B05S' plates seem to be the numbers of choice for people with absolutely fucked 20 year old Range Rovers running on 22 inch wheels.

One of the skilled professionals at our local animal hospital drives a Tesla, registered BO51 VET, she and I had a fractured relationship until she asked me how long I’d had my cat. My response of, ‘We’ve had him since he was a puppy’, destroyed any understanding that we’d  ever had. I now visit a different veterinarian.