Ancient Austin filth incoming…..

Rocket88

Just now, GeorgeB said:

Mr 88, what modifications will you be making to allow it keep up with modern traffic?

Shouldn't need much really. A big 6 like that'd fetch a stump out the ground on torque alone. Probably could stop a bit quicker but I'd bet that'd be sound day to day

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/martinhoweyclassics?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=J-Ef8-wUR8i&sssrc=3418065&ssuid=svwv9r4orxa&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This is him. Some lovely stuff in now, and he seems to sell stuff quick too so stock changes regular. Really keen on price too it seems

• 1 month later...

Now back from protracted spell at the menders, which mainly consisted of fitting electronic ignition, replacing a couple of brake pipes, and sorting out years of electrical bodgery. 
Runs and drives beautifully, with a complete absence of clonks, bangs and rattles

Jobs to do…

New door rubbers, front seats are intolerably uncomfortable, and a few localised body repairs.

DDDA01E3-0B3C-4438-BF9E-F0CFC082F77C.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

Now back from protracted spell at the menders, which mainly consisted of fitting electronic ignition, replacing a couple of brake pipes, and sorting out years of electrical bodgery. 
Runs and drives beautifully, with a complete absence of clonks, bangs and rattles

Jobs to do…

New door rubbers, front seats are intolerably uncomfortable, and a few localised body repairs.

DDDA01E3-0B3C-4438-BF9E-F0CFC082F77C.jpeg

Looks ace, bet you're glad to have it back. Did your wallet get a massive battering?

Oh that is one handsome beast.

In my book what it needs if i was lucky enough to own it and to add to its already rakish charm is slightly wider wheels painted red (no chrome trims) to match its flanks and maybe a single slightly scruffy period spot lamp on the bumper.

And if it doesn't alrerady have a purposfull exhaust burble then i would tinker around there too.

1 hour ago, Joey spud said:

Oh that is one handsome beast.

In my book what it needs if i was lucky enough to own it and to add to its already rakish charm is slightly wider wheels painted red (no chrome trims) to match its flanks and maybe a single slightly scruffy period spot lamp on the bumper.

And if it doesn't alrerady have a purposfull exhaust burble then i would tinker around there too.

Going to enjoy pretty much as is for the summer ( after restuffing front seats, and new door seals) and collect parts for twin carb/exhaust work, and a brake servo . Because Healeys used the same engine, there’s a lot of tuning stuff out there…. Not cheap though, for the same reason. It’s almost as cheap to go the fuel injection route as it is to convert to twin carbs…