Ancient Austin filth incoming…..

Rocket88

Just now, Rocket88 said:

Apologies for the Antipodean orientation….😂arriving early in the New Year. Amazingly solid, but DO NOT PAINT bodywork. Engine as quiet as a dead mouse….

Somebodies bought a car off the grumpy man 😆, tbf the stock he gets in is amazing. I must buy one a week off him in my head! Was the HA Viva saloon in when u were up? And was it as good as it looks?

34 minutes ago, Matty said:

Somebodies bought a car off the grumpy man 😆, tbf the stock he gets in is amazing. I must buy one a week off him in my head! Was the HA Viva saloon in when u were up? And was it as good as it looks?

Viva was lovely…. Martin (he of grumpy disposition) is actually ok when you get him talking about old shite….

Just now, Rocket88 said:

Viva was lovely…. Martin (he of grumpy disposition) is actually ok when you get him talking about old shite….

Looking forward to hearing more about this. Check out this video (if I've got the link to work). They can be made to fair shift it seems!

7 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

Yup…. Basically a Healey engine

Ahh... Right Ho = *bale the fuckker BUT keep that Brass Whitworth domed nut, holding the Genny bracket to the block (do not polish/factory pateenah, m8) & post on US FleeBay @$XXXX.

..... take the money and buy a nice Westie!

*we joshh

Wott a Korkker 💞

Wow, just wow. I love it! Excellent buy. Quite the collection you've got there too. I'm in awe,sir. I've had no dealings with the "grumpy man" but you describe him just as I envisage him. You can tell from his ads that he doesn't suffer fools. Looking forward to more about the Austin. I often wonder when I look at ads what kind of home the car will end up in. This one's obviously found a good one.

Just now, Rocket88 said:

That’s the one…… previous owner before Mr Grumpy. He’s made a few bob out of me if that’s what he paid for it, but I don’t begrudge that. I think I still got a bargain 

Must admit his prices are definatly good

Just now, N Dentressangle said:

Who's Mr Grumpy?

I don't think he is grumpy really. I went to buy a car off him but he was asking too much for what it was and how it was. When I said it wasn't for me his attitude changed a bit. So whenever his name comes up I say he was grumpy. Probably he's alright really, and the stock he gets in is ace. Anyhow, as you were lads 😁

Just now, Matty said:

I don't think he is grumpy really. I went to buy a car off him but he was asking too much for what it was and how it was. When I said it wasn't for me his attitude changed a bit. So whenever his name comes up I say he was grumpy. Probably he's alright really, and the stock he gets in is ace. Anyhow, as you were lads 😁

But who is he? A dealer, I'm guessing?