FOTU 2023

Ghosty

FOTU tickets are on sale - it's Grimsthorpe again, hopefully they have some better ideas about queues this year. 

I'm thinking of trying for concours with the Civic sedan...

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/festival-of-the-unexceptional-2023-tickets-466204017767?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/events-articles/2023-tickets-now-on-sale-for-fotu-radwood-and-the-hagerty-hillclimb/

1 hour ago, wesacosa said:

£27.54 🤔

I mean, on the one hand, it's a day out, and a family at the cinema would spend more etc etc.

On the other hand: Mike feckin Brewer! As if that weren't bad enough, they can't sort out the traffic flow into and out of site. And it's possibly the only event where keeping traffic flowing is a necessity, due to creaky old cooling systems.

Think I'm going to give it a miss again until they've got their act together and replaced the 'old aaht yer aaand' freeloading sack of shit.

In a way I might be more tempted by Radwood, health and enthusiasm permitting, it's about 50 miles closer to me and if I still had my Mondeo would fit in (despite the brief I think they don't really mind mundane cars from last year's walkarounds)

4 minutes ago, trigger said:

Radwood is also £27 but it certainly sounds more appealing, those prices are just a joke now and will put alot of people off I feel. 

its the old argument that its good value if you bring 3 or 4 in a car but will likely make some people who planned to go alone think twice 

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I'm thinking of trying for concours with the Civic sedan...

funny you should mention Concours, im honestly im thinking @AdgeCutler should try for concourse with Brain the Invacar Mk12E 

its fucking spectacular and deserves to be shown as such :) 

obviously would love to make FOTU with REV, but I think everyone knows what happens when I try and set REV deadlines by now LOL

1 hour ago, outlaw118 said:

Slightly off topic, but has Cholmoingdiddly stopped? Didn't see a mention last year?

it got moved to Capesthorne Hall for some reason. Not sure why we didn't do it this year but I'm sure that was a factor. The organisers haven't updated their website for 2023 yet. 

5 hours ago, outlaw118 said:

Slightly off topic, but has Cholmoingdiddly stopped? Didn't see a mention last year?

Yeah, they stopped doing the show at Chumley unfortunately. They do a different dates at Capesthorne (not a replacement as they’ve always done them there) but it was august bank holiday weekend this year, and no one wants that traffic chaos! Maybe we aim for a tilt at one of the dates there next year. Although Les was only at one of the shows there this year! 

14 minutes ago, brownnova said:

Yeah, they stopped doing the show at Chumley unfortunately. They do a different dates at Capesthorne (not a replacement as they’ve always done them there) but it was august bank holiday weekend this year, and no one wants that traffic chaos! Maybe we aim for a tilt at one of the dates there next year. Although Les was only at one of the shows there this year! 

shows may 28 july 16 aug 27

Really do need to get to one of these this year.  RADwood is just down the road from here so no excuses really.

FotU requires considerable thought as to which car to take though.  It's just slightly awkward in that it's just ever so slightly too far for me to comfortably do it without an overnight stay, which makes it bloody expensive.

9 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Really do need to get to one of these this year.  RADwood is just down the road from here so no excuses really.

FotU requires considerable thought as to which car to take though.  It's just slightly awkward in that it's just ever so slightly too far for me to comfortably do it without an overnight stay, which makes it bloody expensive.

Take the camper? 

We travelled from Scotland and the overnight stay nearby was cheap. 

1 hour ago, Zelandeth said:

Your Renault 25 was made for the FOTU, or vice versa.

I could really do with finding a campsite nearby, haven't been able to find anything in the past and it's a long day driving the Dacia there and back.

Ended up not coming right at the last minute this year so wasted my £20 ticket which puts me off spending £27 this time.  Silly really as the £40 in petrol is more of an issue and I really want to come.

On 12/18/2022 at 2:37 PM, Zelandeth said:

A suggestion of Merc camper towing the R25 if feasible?

On 12/18/2022 at 4:56 PM, catsinthewelder said:

I could really do with finding a campsite nearby

I'm toying with the idea of taking the LT this time, and if so somewhere to camp would be ideal. There's camping at Rutland Water IIRC, around 15 miles away.