Another year of Vauxhall shiteness.

Bradders59

My Omega is just over 20 years old and has done over 196000 miles. Took it for MOT today and it passed with no advisories.

This made me a happy man as its time I had some good news.

My 2009 Clio goes to the weighbridge tomorrow, due to being French.  🙄

2 minutes ago, Bren said:

Just got rid of our vectra. Sadly no more vauxhalls- they just don't make anything appealing any more.

The Astra's still alright isn't it? 

The entire range of giant SUV shite can get in the bin, though. Mokka - do me a favour.

1 hour ago, Bradders59 said:

My Omega is just over 20 years old and has done over 196000 miles. Took it for MOT today and it passed with no advisories.

This made me a happy man as its time I had some good news.

My 2009 Clio goes to the weighbridge tomorrow, due to being French.  🙄

Congratulations on the Omega! Just over 20 years old would make it one of the newest ones.

It's quite a shock that a 2009 motor can already be seen as scrap fodder. I mean, that was the year of the scrappage scheme, which I do remember like as if it happened the other day. It's also even newer than my immaculate, box-fresh '08 Grande Punto MultiJet, though I've always stayed on top of that car (not literally). Anyway, back to the Vauxhalls...

1 hour ago, Bradders59 said:

It is, but I doubt I will get time to take it off in the morning before its collected. If I do I will give you a shout.  

Offer really appreciated - but please don't put yourself to any trouble. It's frigging cold out there!!

15 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I do like to hear of an Omega powering on, they're lovely big beasts.

They are indeed. They need a little bit of looking after (but so do most cars) but very comfortable and capable cars. Particularly for motorway mile munching.

Last decent car Vauxhall produced though. The stuff they,ve made in recent years, I wouldnt touch with a bargepole.

Its a shame as Ive had quite a few Vauxhalls over the years* and most of them were really good cars.

* First car 1978_ Viva HB

1979 -  Chevette HS.

1985 - Viceroy 2.5

1999 Senator 3.0 24v

2006 - the first of four V6 Omegas.

Plus several V6 Omegas Ive broken for parts.

Im pretty sure the current one will be the last unfortunately.