Do I do it?

pandamonium

That's a fine motor - I used to own it! :lol: Bought for £160 last February to get a friend some temp transport with 53,000 on the clock, it did 5,000 miles in 2 months fault-free. I gave it a full service, changed the brake pads and the cambelt, and sold it on the current owner last April for £200. Went through the next MOT (which was June/July time) needing next to naff all.So - it's economical, completely rust-free (I was all over and under it when doing the oily bits) and distinctly shite (a few dents here and there, and *that* interior! Mmm). Lovely little mover but acceleration is lacking over 40mph. Two people have independently verified that it will top the ton though (I never had the balls).The steering is bloody heavy at low speed though, so don't throw away your steering wheel handle :wink: Having said that, I've never driven a Riva so don't have a basis for comparison...

I think it's a good deal for the money, given the long ticket and tax. I would recommend, if you can, you try one re. the steering weight if you are giving up the Riva for said reason, as the 323 was the heaviest-steered motor I've driven in recently memory.Having said that:a) I'm a twelve-stone weaklingb) The last car I had without PAS was a Mk2 Cav around the same time, and I only drove that about 100 miles during my ownership and all of that was on A-roads :oops: Just make sure he really is selling it, he's a nice bloke but well-known for saying "ooh, I'll buy that" to about 80% of the cars for sale on Retro-Rides...so his replacement motor might not be "concrete", if you see what I mean.

Buy it and swap the Mazda badges for ones from a SAO Penza and watch the heads turn on the street when you kroooz around. The ladies wont be able to resist.

Where the hell would you find a SAO Penza to take the badges off?