Green laning and off roading

straightSix

On 03/11/2022 at 23:28, bub2006 said:

It's a lot of fun using what folk see as the "incorrect" vehicle. I've used scooters too. Just take time and things will be fine. I'm a big fan of unconventional offroaders!

I'll be doing 2CVGB's annual 'Raid Imber' across Salisbury Plain just after the New Year.  We usually get some funny looks - along with grins and thumbs up! - from the 4x4 crowd 😁

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

I'll be doing 2CVGB's annual 'Raid Imber' across Salisbury Plain just after the New Year.  We usually get some funny looks - along with grins and thumbs up! - from the 4x4 crowd 😁

Now that sounds fun. The ignis is quite high up too so may lend itself rather well.

I’m up for a green laning day, but unfortunately I work quite a lot of weekends. So it’s have to be organised well in advance. I’m usually out around the Peak District somewhere. 

0BCCC8F4-514C-48CD-A850-9DF9666AF343.thumb.jpeg.6f27cda6d659a164e96b3851edc2e9d2.jpeg

CBE38870-4342-4A6E-813A-C30514972775.thumb.jpeg.c03db5b523f0fb97a74e9a7d94caad17.jpeg

4A3A3D98-3338-4D76-AAA4-58166B17AAB7.thumb.jpeg.3a8f4cbf78f62372626c26c0e435f8f2.jpeg

im even considering buying a td5 auto and buggering the Audi off so I can chuck a kids seat in and take little one with me. 

1 hour ago, sutty2006 said:

I’m up for a green laning day, but unfortunately I work quite a lot of weekends. So it’s have to be organised well in advance. I’m usually out around the Peak District somewhere. 

0BCCC8F4-514C-48CD-A850-9DF9666AF343.thumb.jpeg.6f27cda6d659a164e96b3851edc2e9d2.jpeg

CBE38870-4342-4A6E-813A-C30514972775.thumb.jpeg.c03db5b523f0fb97a74e9a7d94caad17.jpeg

4A3A3D98-3338-4D76-AAA4-58166B17AAB7.thumb.jpeg.3a8f4cbf78f62372626c26c0e435f8f2.jpeg

im even considering buying a td5 auto and buggering the Audi off so I can chuck a kids seat in and take little one with me. 

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, where abouts is it? Just caught up on your thread, how are you finidng the Insa turbos on the road?

52 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

@straightSix how do you find the drive of the td5? Is it comfy and landroverish? 

Mines a V8 with ACE delete but still on bags. The engine is super smooth but the ride is a little bouncy. My friend has just got a td5 auto on airbags with the ACE and it rides noticably more flat. Both super comfy seats and driving position but I recon the td5 gives more of a true Land Rover experience. Definitely needs a remap though

21 minutes ago, straightSix said:

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for, where abouts is it? Just caught up on your thread, how are you finidng the Insa turbos on the road?

Mines a V8 with ACE delete but still on bags. The engine is super smooth but the ride is a little bouncy. My friend has just got a td5 auto on airbags with the ACE and it rides noticably more flat. Both super comfy seats and driving position but I recon the td5 gives more of a true Land Rover experience. Definitely needs a remap though

The insa turbos on the road are fucking horrendous. They’re 80% mud 20% road. They work, but that’s it. The noise is like a Lancaster bomber following at 250 ft. The stopping power is crap on road, as there isn’t much rubber contact. I have a set of ATs on steel rims to use when I’m not doing serious off roading. I would 100% recommend not getting turbos if you plan on doing some miles. The AT3 and BF Goodrich all terrain tyres are good enough for green laning and light off roading/snow/ice work. 

3 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Set of Dunlop winters............. Blingo HDi..................... hmmmmmm.

🤔😁

You can get bash plates and other gubbins. The newer xtr and the earlier escapade had a slightly raised suspension also. Bingo hdi with peugeot partner escapade suspension and light guards would be doable easy enough. Or just buy a partner. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

The Royal Mail use Peugeot Partner TREKs round here for getting down lanes etc, they are made by Dangel but not 4x4, just raised suspension and some sort of fancy diff.

https://www.dangel.com/sites/www.dangel.fr/files/Leaflet_Partner TREK 2020_03.pdf

Similar set up to the xtr re. Diffs then I think. I think I've seen somewhere the older escapade had some sort of limited slip too.

22 hours ago, N Dentressangle said:

Here I am in the blue Series the other weekend on a lane in the Forest of Dean:

Qz6IXab.jpg

Trailwise is definitely the way to go. You can work things out with patience and an OS map, but TW2 is much easier

Just seeing this has reminded me I have some route around Usk I can send people and one in Brechfa.