Mystery car collection thread.....

Lankytim

On 11/15/2022 at 11:43 PM, Lankytim said:

I've got a V62 all filled out and ready to but I'm expecting it to take a while to hear anything back. As far as I'm aware there's still huge backlogs at the DVLA and they need to wait 6 weeks after writing to the previous owner. It's going to make months and months. 

Double/Triple check everything is filled in correctly (Including the VIN), and take a copy.
Also send it recorded delivery.

Not wishing to worry you, but took 6 months to get the V5 on the scrap Audi I purchased as a spares car.
When it finally turned up the car was scrapped within the week. Every delay that could happen did.

Even suggested that they have some form of priority system if they ask you for more info (even when it was not needed), so when you get back to them you jump to front of queue. Sorry no, back of the queue you go.  As you can probably tell. V62's are somewhat of a trigger for me :)

• 3 weeks later...

Today the 2cv was sadly evicted from its nice warm garage. The house it belongs to is completing tomorrow so it’s been moved back home, unfortunately out in the open.  It’s not so sad for the new owners though, the fellas into classic Minis so the garage will soon have another old motor inside it. 

I took what I thought was a charged battery but it turned out to be flat so “The Pickler” had to be man handled onto the Dolly. It was at this point I noticed fuel pouring from a perished fuel line behind the OSF wheel. This was easily remedied with a new piece of hose and a couple of clamps. 

Don't ask me how, but I managed to rip the hood. I’m pretty annoyed with myself but I had anticipated that a new hood would soon be part of the equation as this one looks badly faded and appears to have shrunk, it’s pulled taut on the roof press studs so much I can imagine the whole body going “ping” and collapsing. The small hole has been repaired with some tape but I’m now on the hunt for a new hood. 

On the V5c front I received a letter from the DVLA last week. How thrilling! Upon picking up the prized brown envelope I could instantly tell it didn’t have a logbook inside and sure enough it contained my initial application for a V5c  complete with the cheque for £25 and a letter explaining that it had been rejected because the cheque had been altered. I’d written the incorrect month in error but had changed it to the correct month, adding my initials. I can only think it was this that prompted the application to fail, although the post mistress saw it and said it was fine. I wrote out a new cheque and returned it the same day. Fingers crossed it goes somewhere this time. 

7D35BBE7-E11F-4C6B-A436-EE4F9F00DCC1.jpeg

B2605B68-06E2-4A1D-8501-46959EC7C3A0.jpeg

314DD860-D2CF-43B9-AED5-3F335F169D21.jpeg

630EB88A-FE93-4F43-8596-B519A7BE8ABA.jpeg

FD540B27-7E0C-4979-B4BF-2244CB2AB923.jpeg

EE7513D1-C26A-4212-8F93-EEEA0FA939FC.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Lankytim said:

How thrilling! Upon picking up the prized brown envelope I could instantly tell it didn’t have a logbook inside and sure enough it contained my initial application for a V5c  complete with the cheque for £25 and a letter explaining that it had been rejected because the cheque had been altered. I’d written the incorrect month in error but had changed it to the correct month, adding my initials

Swear to God they have a list of reasons to reject applications.
I'd be contacting bank to see if they would have honoured it and they make a complaint.

It'll get you no where but would make me feel better :)
Yes, I am still pissed off with them.

1 minute ago, gadgetgricey said:

Swear to God they have a list of reasons to reject applications.
I'd be contacting bank to see if they would have honoured it and they make a complaint.

It'll get you no where but would make me feel better :)
Yes, I am still pissed off with them.

You can't beat the DVLA, they're just too powerful. I need to let them have their depraved fun and maybe they'll eventually get bored and let me have my logbook. 

On 12/10/2022 at 3:45 PM, Noel Tidybeard said:

These look very nice. I've been offered a good used hood though for good deal less than a new one. The seller won't post it from the south coast though which could be an issue. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy new?

I've just opened a letter from the DVLA and apparently they're processing my application for a V5c and should post one out to me on the 22/12/22. Maybe they've given up on me and have moved on to torturing another motorist. Fingers crossed there's no hiccups this time!

Lisa has a slightly sinister job title, it makes me think of the Child Catcher but instead of catching children, she catches motorists… “Come on motorists, free SORN declarations here, come and get some replacement logbooks, just look inside my van”

4230377A-8F60-4E2D-AE03-B94266BFE73F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Lankytim said:

The seller won't post it from the south coast though which could be an issue. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy new?

Whereabouts on the South Coast are they, possibly a job for Shitely if one of us friendly Southerners is near enough to the seller?

• 3 weeks later...

I got so upset seeing this 2cv sitting out in the rain that I bit the bullet and bought a Halfords all weather car cover. After doing a bit of research these seem to get generally positive reviews. It was recommended I get a small cover but it seems slightly too big, maybe extra small would’ve been better. I know many here don’t like car covers but hopefully it’ll keep the interior dry at least! 

The long term aim is to get a decent garage sorted one way or another. This might involve landscaping the garden and replacing the existing shite garage which will obviously cost ££s, better get saving. 

4621DCFF-6962-4292-A551-1DC5EF029963.jpeg