Mystery car collection thread.....

Lankytim

Hi ShitterZ.

"How do mate, do you fancy an old motor?"

A few weeks ago I had a call from my Dad. It's a bit of a convoluted story but the short version is that his friend has been asked to clear a house belonging to a distant relative who was in his 90's and recently died. The relatives two sons both live in New Zealand and just want the house cleared so they can sell it. Apparently there's an "old car" in the garage that hasn't been outside for 25 years or so,  it's a Citroen but nobody seems to know much about it so I won't know for sure what it is until I get there and open the garage doors and all will be revealed.  Whatever it is it's got to go so I'm taking my towing dolly and an air compressor to inflate the tyres. It's travelling a couple of miles across Birmingham to my Dads house where it can live on the drive until I decide what to do with it.

I'm setting off down to Brum tomorrow and will update the thread with plenty of images of "the grand reveal"!

Anybody taking bets on what this old shonker is going to be?

3 minutes ago, Lankytim said:

Hi ShitterZ.

"How do mate, do you fancy and old motor?"

A few weeks ago I had a call from my Dad. It's a bit of a convoluted story but the short version is that his friend has been asked to clear a house belonging to a distant relative who was in his 90's and recently died. The relatives two sons both live in New Zealand and just want the house cleared so they can sell it. Apparently there's an "old car" in the garage that hasn't been outside for 25 years or so,  it's a Citroen but nobody seems to know much about it so I won't know for sure what it is until I get there and open the garage doors and all will be revealed.  Whatever it is it's got to go so I'm taking my towing dolly and an air compressor to inflate the tyres. It's travelling a couple of miles across Birmingham to my Dads house where it can live on the drive until I decide what to do with it.

I'm setting off down to Brum tomorrow and will update the thread with plenty of images of "the grand reveal"!

Anybody taking bets on what this old shonker is going to be?

AX 10E 3dr in red

4 minutes ago, barrett said:

Blimey, that's exciting! Mystery Citroen best.

Yes! It is quite exciting! 

2 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

R.16ceefef3f1fb8839bb27722feafab2a?rik=7

I think this will be even more difficult to move than a dead BX!

2 minutes ago, Michael Asphalt said:

A broken Synergie?

citsynerg_750_500_70.jpg

I've got CarTakeBack on speed dial should I find a knackered one of these..

14 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

I'm guessing a 2CV or Dyane.

I'd be happy if it were one of these. Not too crunchy, hopefully.

14 minutes ago, 320touring said:

Sounds most promising!

When you setting off @Lankytim?

I'm dropping my daughter off at school at 08.30 and heading down to Brum from Stoke and picking my Dad up. I doubt I'll get to this garage before 11-12. 

8 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

£5 on a ZX or Xsara, diesel.

Maybe a ZX but I think a Xsara might be too young to spend 25 years in a garage.

7 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

DS gets my vote. We need one on here and I'm not stupid brave enough.

That would be amazing!

3 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I reckon it's a Visa.

I think you'll find the vacancy for a no-hope Visa has already been filled. Stands a chance though.