A couple of local shows - but mostly the shite bits

Soundwave

I did a similar thread to this last year, and it seemed to go down quite well. So I thought I'd do it again this year. 

Basically, there's two Midlands shows near me that always occur on consecutive weekends - The Hinckley BID Motor Show and the Atherstone Heritage Motor Show. I attended both, and focused on taking pictures of stuff that might suit an AS audience - although a few popular classics are in the mix too. 

Anyway, enough waffle... let's start with Hinckley. 

20220925_140954_compress47.jpg

20220925_141006_compress3.jpg

20220925_141122_compress97.jpg

20220925_141158_compress56.jpg

20220925_141231_compress74.jpg

20220925_141443_compress23.jpg

20220925_141808_compress52.jpg

2 hours ago, Asimo said:

The green Commer estate/shooting brake is delightful. Never seen one of those before.

I think it might be a former hearse? It's possibly a Malta or Gibraltar import or somewhere like that. As you say amazing thing. The stying of Rootes commercials in that era was spot-on!

2 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Peugeot 505 is interesting, was it a genuine Dangel?  Don't recall them having those flares but looks to be genuine.

Yep, genuine Dangel, apparently one of 3 made in RHD. Arch flares were indeed a thing, if this image search is anything to go by:

Peugeot_505_4x4_Dangel_photo_4.JPG

Peugeot - Peugeot 505 Break 4x4 Dangel - Car History

In het wild: Peugeot 505 Familiale Dangel

Well well well, I was also at this show helping out the radio station. Had a wonder about but sadly didn’t get much of an opportunity to pap anything, so I’m glad you did!

Incidentally I had a go in that Sinclair C5. It didn’t have the motor in it but it was incredibly well geared - great fun too!

1 hour ago, grogee said:

With these Chevettes you're spoiling us, Ambassador.

Wot no Saab 9000?

Saab's looking extra shabby at the moment, I've taken the comedy rear decor panel off to give it a proper going over. So now all the old mastic and broken clips from years of running repairs to it are visible on the boot lid... so I decided against putting it on show!