Photos! Things that you can find in a Swedish forest

Nibbler

Up until 2016 i used to venture out in the vast Swedish forests in search of abandoned houses and vehicles equipped with a motorcycle and a camera. 

Things that you need to know:

1. Sweden is a big forest with not many people around.

2. We have alot of abandoned buildings.

3. Gravel roads are as common as pawed roads.

4. Weapons of choise: Yamaha XTZ 660 Tenere X2,  Yamaha XTZ 750 Super Tenere, Honda XTZ 750 Africa Twin and Suzuki Dr 800. 

I have always found it fascinating how many abandoned houses farms etc there are in Sweden and many many abandoned cars. I don't understand this, maybe the owner died and those who inherited it didn't bother to sell it? I would like to know the reasons for some of this but we'll probably never know.

10 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I have always found it fascinating how many abandoned houses farms etc there are in Sweden and many many abandoned cars. I don't understand this, maybe the owner died and those who inherited it didn't bother to sell it? I would like to know the reasons for some of this but we'll probably never know.

Yes, that can be one reason. Another reason can be that the farms were sold for the land. So the buildings were left to rot. Also many villages were and in many cases still are dependent on one employer. If the employer closes, then the houses are worth nothing and almost impossible to sell.

4 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

Yes, these are good reasons. I love Sweden, it's just something about endless forests, gravel roads and being far from people that I like.

Most of Norway, on the other hand, is mountainous and there are few very remote areas easily accessible by car.

I understand you! Being a bit antisocial myself. But the beauty of Norway is breathtalking!

Please be careful sharing towns or exact locations, there are some unscrupulous thieves operating abroad who'll steal highly valuable classic cars. Someone's already had the lenses off that Corsa.

• 2 weeks later...