What the hell

hairnet

More here:

https://silodrome.com/mg-ex234-prototype-roadster/

I can't work out if I quite like that or not.

There's a bit of everything thrown into that mix. Definitely a bit 124 Spyder around the nose. The back end is a cross between a mk3 Spitfire and a Lancia Fulvia. One thing's for sure, that TR7 wheel didn't work. 

Between the prototype stage and the production, they’d have decided that although they expected to sell about four of them, it would have to be raised six inches to fit an E series. Then at the final design stage they’d have substituted the doors for some from the Maxi, those door handles would have to go, the Marina ones would be a few pence cheaper. I’m fairly sure there would have been space for a Formica strip on the dash, a rummage through the bin might find some lever arm dampers. 

29 minutes ago, sierraman said:

Between the prototype stage and the production, they’d have decided that although they expected to sell about four of them, it would have to be raised six inches to fit an E series. Then at the final design stage they’d have substituted the doors for some from the Maxi, those door handles would have to go, the Marina ones would be a few pence cheaper. I’m fairly sure there would have been space for a Formica strip on the dash, a rummage through the bin might find some lever arm dampers. 

but thats a b not that thing that looks far nicer