Range Anxiety

95 quid Peugeot

2 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

I reckon you’d beat that in my A8.  Even I can get it saying 850 and we learnt from the X5 how our driving styles differ 😂 

Ah you've met cloud foot Keith then? I bought the XC90 off him that CMS now has.

When I picked it up the OBC said 48mpg, I rarely got it above 30. 

I swear the man's commute must be 100 miles each way,dual carriageway only, down a slight hill, drafting a Scania at 56mph.

Just now, Dave_Q said:

Ah you've met cloud foot Keith then? I bought the XC90 off him that CMS now has.

When I picked it up the OBC said 48mpg, I rarely got it above 30. 

I swear the man's commute must be 100 miles each way,dual carriageway only, down a slight hill, drafting a Scania at 56mph.

He took the X5 from 17mpg to 30 😳 

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up a Honda Jazz from Eastbourne Car Auctions a few years back, the dealership would send salesmen to collect cars when it was quiet and we couldn’t find ways to look busy. Service driver dropped me at the auction yard and fucked off. I handed over paperwork, found the car, got in, turned it on, needle was off the bottom of the gauge and range indicator showing zero miles… They wouldn’t send you with a fuel card, and fuck putting your own money in and trying to reclaim it. Fuel light roulette it is then… I managed the 12 mile main road run back to the dealership and then dropped it into the service department to run out of fuel on the ramp for the multipoint Honda Approved check. I always wonder how lenient the range counter is…

I once did Gloucester to (north) Paris return in Xantia HDi, can't remember the exact mileage off the top of my head, but I get 700 miles per tank wafting around the Cotswolds.

When I first drove a leaf it seemed weird to only have the amount of range of the low fuel light of a Xantia. 

23 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

I picked up a Honda Jazz from Eastbourne Car Auctions a few years back, the dealership would send salesmen to collect cars when it was quiet and we couldn’t find ways to look busy. Service driver dropped me at the auction yard and fucked off. I handed over paperwork, found the car, got in, turned it on, needle was off the bottom of the gauge and range indicator showing zero miles… They wouldn’t send you with a fuel card, and fuck putting your own money in and trying to reclaim it. Fuel light roulette it is then… I managed the 12 mile main road run back to the dealership and then dropped it into the service department to run out of fuel on the ramp for the multipoint Honda Approved check. I always wonder how lenient the range counter is…

There's certainly a bit of leeway, even when the gauge says zero miles. I ran my Jazz that low before and when I filled the tank there was still about half a gallon left in it.