Wiring help

JJ0063

Bought a Dewalt multi tool from the car boot a few weeks ago. Finally got a battery for it and it doesn’t work - however I’ve found the issue and it would appear a simple fix for someone who knows what they are doing… not me.

See pics - not sure if it’s broken or just come out, if I push the wire back in the plug the tool works fine but it won’t stay in place. Is there a simple way to fix/secure it?

Thanks 

A9EB4C34-B065-4BF2-BB76-C99B845CC2D3.jpeg

53BB6F05-2BFF-480B-A242-7C03F73E37B5.jpeg

99BE6DCA-7BA9-4737-9EAB-D0368E5278AE.jpeg

A18AE6AF-11AB-4C75-81FD-C22BD1D3F309.jpeg

6 minutes ago, GingerNuttz said:

Need crimps and the wee connectors to replace it or buy the connectors and solder it on to the wire.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=XH2.54+connectors&_sacat=0

Amazing, I knew someone would know the name! I’ll see if I can find something else to rob a cut of the loom if it’s pretty universal, if not I’ll order that. Thanks for the help!

1 minute ago, GingerNuttz said:

Nah they look different, I reckon those ones will be similar to atx psu ones. 

Could solder the wire straight to the pin if you can solder well enough,as long as you don't need to take the wire back off.

just snip that side of the connector off to make space for the newly soldered wire.

Thanks! 

I did wonder whether that would be an option but I can’t see how I’d get to solder it..  I only have a run of the mill soldering iron and can’t see how I’d access.. I think I’ll have to just order a set like you’ve linked

Cheers

1 minute ago, JJ0063 said:

Thanks! 

I did wonder whether that would be an option but I can’t see how I’d get to solder it..  I only have a run of the mill soldering iron and can’t see how I’d access.. I think I’ll have to just order a set like you’ve linked

Cheers

You can remove the female connectors on the board or whatever it connects to, then it exposes the pins but if you haven't done out like that before just buy the pins