Radically Altered Classic (RANT)

Faker

5 minutes ago, DodgeRover said:

What did the original Dutton run when it was built though? Wouldn't it depend on the donor car and builder? Viva front suspension has been common with kit and hot rod builders for years. Sierra diff also is period for when it was registered?

Afaik either Triumph or Ford based front suspension, and Ford live axle rear, either on leaf springs or coil-overs.  Don't think they ever used Viva parts. 

I'm not that up on them to know I'm afraid, as far as I know the DVLA don't hold helpful records like what was used where for older Q plate vehicles, I did try asking many years ago and they said all they had recorded was that it wasn't new when registered.

Dezs thread from a few years ago on retro rides with his rat rod Humber? pickup shows just how far you can go legally and keep the original vehicle identity.  If you can find it then it's well worth a read for the amount of attention to detail and the sheer amount of work involved.

I’m not at all keen on that Anglia, though an amazing amount of work has gone into it. I prefer the custom Anglia I owned back in 1985, Cortina 1500 GT engine and gearbox, Weber twin choke and classic Capri front struts with disc brakes, all scrapyard parts! Here’s a pic of a very youthful BS6 and the car….

2C7498B0-8DDC-4E64-9BB7-5D0D1FE2648D.jpeg

1 minute ago, bigstraight6 said:

I’m not at all keen on that Anglia, though an amazing amount of work has gone into it. I prefer the custom Anglia I owned back in 1985, Cortina 1500 GT engine and gearbox, Weber twin choke and classic Capri front struts with disc brakes. Here’s a pic of a very youthful BS6 and the car….

2C7498B0-8DDC-4E64-9BB7-5D0D1FE2648D.jpeg

Now that’s proper 👍🏻