Piss Balling about with banger Fords

sierraman

10 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Have you tried with a lambda socket? The one I did where I was replacing the mani-cat itself - all four of the sensors were murderously tight as if they were seized in but they eventually gave and came out no bother. Might be worth trying although they'd round off easily with an open ended spanner given the amount of force you'll need so a lambda socket is best

Yes though this was on the car on ramps with a lambda socket, though as you know the access is awful, it would be much easier with the manicat in a vice perhaps with some heat. 

• 4 weeks later...

Might even stay as an advisory for a few more years 😂

But it sounds like the sort of job that the longer it wears the more it fucks everything else attached to it... I swerved the common laguna 2 rear arm bushes by binning the car for other reasons before they got more than an advisory 👌 I give the Xsara a cursory glance now and again if I catch it parked on the flat to make sure the rear wheels are still straight and so far they are

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing major to report apart from a replacement parcel shelf after the old one was run over (... yes that’s right). £28 delivered but it was a struggle to find one not absolutely fucked, this one has a slight split but not noticeable. 

Seems to be dry in the boot following sealing the loose boot flap vent thing up. Used the excellent Depstech Camera from eBay for £43, not the highest resolution all singing and dancing model but plenty good enough for jobs like this. 

• 4 weeks later...