Daft estate boughted

Rocket88

1 hour ago, Talbot said:

The concerning implication of this wording being that only having one fixing missing would not be a fail.

It's a new one one me.  I'm fairly sure I've always presented cars for MOT with all the wheel bolts present.  Seems a tad "fundamental" to me.  Or am I just being traditionalist?

I assume having only one nut / bolt missing would be a major rather than a dangerous.

29 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

. Average of 50 mpg on 200 mile round trip ….

Hard to argue with figures like that!  May your Merc barge serve you well.

Actually that's something I've often found with emergency purchases, they tend to be much better than whatever they replace.  Good luck!

Sounds like they bought it in, lost the wheel nut key, removed them thinking, all it needs are discs and pads, but wait a minute, that tub rust looks ominous, let's see if blind Geoff is testing today before we even replace a bulb.  Recoverable, but why bother, there's loads around.

TBH, the whole thing was a bit odd. Told them I needed the car at the latest last Thursday. ( this was on the Monday) they said it was booked in for anMOT on the Wednesday, and would sort out anything it failed on before the next day! 
Needless to say, that didn’t happen….. I have a feeling that the MOT tester was not their “ normal bloke”…. Thank fuck….

30 minutes ago, Rocket88 said:

TBH, the whole thing was a bit odd. Told them I needed the car at the latest last Thursday. ( this was on the Monday) they said it was booked in for anMOT on the Wednesday, and would sort out anything it failed on before the next day! 
Needless to say, that didn’t happen….. I have a feeling that the MOT tester was not their “ normal bloke”…. Thank fuck….

Traders will literally sell anything nowadays. At one time they were a bit picky - but not now.

16 hours ago, Rocket88 said:

Did you not spot any of that before agreeing to anything?

1 hour ago, andy18s said:

I was about to ask the same thing, surely the missing wheel nuts and the money light being on were obvious?

The E320 looks nice, I wish my E270 had an extra cylinder.

On 9/15/2022 at 10:00 AM, andy18s said:

To be honest though, when I bought my 3 yrs old at the time merc there were lots of small things wrong with it that we agreed would be sorted before I collected it. 

They did a few bits but not ask so rather than reject the car they agreed to get it repaired at merc and they'd pay the bill which they did.

I couldn't really argue with that other than they had it for 2 weeks before I could collect and the salesman even asked me to delay it a week so he could be there at the time.... Then he didn't bother turning up to work. 

Been a great car otherwise though, I can't fault it, just wish I could afford an  extra version for me 🤣🤣🤣

• 3 months later...