Fiesta Zetec Climate 05 reg. Latest shite buy.

Dobloseven

Not sure what I'm going to do with it, but it's a nice little thing for 600 sovs, with 61k miles, FSH, main dealer none the less, long Mot, two keys, working aircon. What's not to like? Few dents and scratches though.Battery could be on the way out as it was completely flat. Recharged it and seems ok for now. No hurry to do anything with it at the moment, but a spare car can't be a bad thing, can it? 

Paid her for it. Still on her drive, but been having a look at it. Been feeling quite sad this week and this hasn't  helped at all. Lots of giffer touches, maps in glovebox, mats on mats on mats, jump leads, hi viz, torch etc in boot. Even some of those glasses for night driving. Made me think that one day, one car will be the last one we own. On a lighter note, it seems to have half a tank of petrol. IMG_20220820_194602.thumb.jpg.63c3abeeb9d4d8c38f24d6ff1adfb474.jpgIMG_20220820_194956.thumb.jpg.6344415b0c97e31e563087c584a0f1a6.jpgIMG_20220820_194812.thumb.jpg.b4c6be9bfe2b8f36d8fc80ed089a77c1.jpgIMG_20220820_194632.thumb.jpg.246334731bc8ca7ee07bcaee003db7b2.jpgIMG_20220820_194611.thumb.jpg.68ccebaa5cb3c62b7f5467264d122739.jpgIMG_20220820_195942.thumb.jpg.54b1e43eaf5a9d8c9b9fbe65d7e7be8b.jpg

IMG_20220820_194812.jpg

On 8/19/2022 at 7:24 PM, Dobloseven said:

What was wrong with that? Or right with it! 

Nothing persay. Just 146k with no cambelt change history, needs new rear tyres, shite paint and MOT up mid next month! Standard bottom market stuff on a car really but you look to have something much better for not much difference in price.

Does seem a nice little thing with that nice feel of a low miler thats been used carefully. No real use for it, but fits my recent habit of buying cheap cars that come to me rather than me looking for them.Haven't driven it yet, but seems good to go. If no one in the family wants it, I'll probably offer it on here. 

I've not done anything with it yet apart from take all the stuff out.She's away until next week now and we're off on Thursday so will tax it next month and give it a run. It was only doing a few hundred miles a year recently and has hardly moved since the Mot in  March. Hoping some paperwork, service  history etc. might show up, plus the radio code, but don't want to hassle her as she's in a bit of a state at the moment. She's owned it since 2006. Prior to that it was registered to the dealer, so probably a demonstrator or courtesy car. Must say with low mileage, low number of owners, 2 keys, working aircon etc. it ticks a lot of old car boxes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got round to having a drive in it and not very impressed. Nothing wrong with it as such, perhaps I'm not used to small cars, though always enjoyed driving the 99V 1.3 facelift model I had a while back. Engine is quite lively though and it looks and feels nice and clean inside.Got a code for the radio sorted and given it a wash and cleaned the wheels with Cillit Bang which I find does a good job for very little. A chap we see in the pub has made an offer unseen, but he seems to have too many cars already. Sound familiar? No one in the family is interested, so I'll give him first refusal and then perhaps I'll stick it on here.There's a couple of dents that spoil the party a bit though. 

A fellow from down the road who I've known since he were a lad,his mum lives almost opposite us,asked me about it today. Seemed quite taken with it,asked me how much,  I suggested 800 which he was happy with. Hopefully picking it up tomorrow. Will give excess funds to neighbour I bought it from. Just didn't get on with it at all. Perhaps expecting too much, but the Signum that cost a third of the price was much more satisfying and the BMW at half as much, even more so.It'll be going to a good home, he's got a 57 reg A6 diesel and a 54 reg Mondeo diesel he's kept running for years and his younger brother is something of a car expert who likes solving tricky problems. Recently repaired the autobox on a 13 reg A6 3 litre that had been given up for dead.