2003 C5 exclusiveness!

maxxo

5 hours ago, maxxo said:

Blackpool illuminations is upon us yet again

after some heavy rainfall I've got STOP SERVICE and brake and abs lights on

no eml

im contemplating selling this car in the coming months, I want to go back to an XM 

would there be any interest in it?

Oh dear. I’ve been there and it’s really annoying because the car is fine, just the electronics of marvin the paranoid android. 

6 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Is that all that's wrong with it? 😄

I am sure the car is fine, as was mine 20years ago. However the electronics and BSI have the reliability of Marvin and need constant fettling. It’s a brilliant car, but I couldn’t cope with the regular and frequent error messages. None of which stopped the bloody thing working. Bing, anti pollution fault, message had left me with a nervous tick 11years after I sold it.

1 minute ago, richardmorris said:

I am sure the car is fine, as was mine 20years ago. However the electronics and BSI have the reliability of Marvin and need constant fettling. It’s a brilliant car, but I couldn’t cope with the regular and frequent error messages. None of which stopped the bloody thing working.

"Braking system faulty, stop vehicle now" or words to that effect on the generation of PSA after this is so unbelievably French 🤣

On 16/10/2023 at 15:22, maxxo said:

Blackpool illuminations is upon us yet again

after some heavy rainfall I've got STOP SERVICE and brake and abs lights on

no eml

im contemplating selling this car in the coming months, I want to go back to an XM 

would there be any interest in it?

500 quid and a packet of hula hoops?

As an actual car, it's great, drives superb feels rock solid and very comfortable, engine is responsive and quick and the gearbox shifts as well as any AL4 I've ever come across

everything works too even the ac is ice cold!

bodywork is alright, Laquer peel here and there and a few marks

its a beautiful driving car but I never really fell for it like I did with the red one if that makes sense?

service history is impeccable albeit due for one around now (last done 11k ago, rarely short journeyed and petrol so still fine) 

I just fancy a change

• 2 weeks later...

Reckon this could be the cause?

it's a strange fault, sometimes comes on right from startup, other times not until you've driven for a bit, other times not at all

abs works absolutely perfectly when no lights are on

surely if it's a sticking valve in the pump then it'll come on straight away all the time as I presume it runs for a second when the ignition is turned on as part of a self test?

sometimes not even when the brakes are applied and driving down a perfectly dry road

its really weird

im very tempted to clean these battery clamps

7875F461-B0BA-430D-AD4B-87D3D6945D23.png

66FC6642-3614-47F5-93AF-A710A8CDF387.png

On 09/08/2023 at 15:03, maxxo said:

do these have esp anyway but unable to turn off?

i only ask, as i hit a patch of diesel just now on a roundabout which caused loss of adhesion 

car entered a spin and seemed to grab itself straight away and a triangular light on the cluster was flashing, the esp light 

i have no esp off button

i had suspected something anyway as i floored it the other week in the rain and it cut power when the wheels spun

I suspect it's similar to my 307 which had esp but no button on the dash, see this guide for Peugeots, I'm assuming your car will be similar:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/threads/how-to-add-esp-button-to-your-307-esp-cars-only.31865/

I bought a button off ebay, removed the blank from the dash and plugged into the wiring harness that was sitting all ready to go. I bought it as the esp can be a bit over sensitive when trying to set off in the snow.

I also had problems with the ABS on my Peugeot as the wiring had gone rotten inside, the copper had turned all black. I had to cut it all back and solder in a new section: