2003 C5 exclusiveness!

maxxo

25 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Is your steering wheel sticky? Mine was terrible- would clean it up perfectly and it would be fine for a while but a few weeks later it was tacky again. No problem with any of my other cars so c5 specific.

It’s soft, smooth with no sign of stickiness!

dashboard is sticky though

That’s a C5 thing!

027B8DA3-4813-49EB-B0A6-877DACA39254.png

well i've had a splendid evening with a friend

Julia (this C5) made an orange blooded friend too!

No description available.

No description available.No description available.

now this is a problem

it does seem i may be selling the XM in order to purchase a 6

found a period correct CD in storage today, of course had to play it in the C5

check out how lovely the illumination is too

what a peach this car really is

a week on

well i washed it

May be an image of car and outdoors

it's on half a tank so i'll maybe refuel within the next week

it's used a slight bit of oil since the service around 2.5k ago, took around 100mls to get it back to max

proving a rather boring thread

been a very easy ownership experience so far

On 9/29/2022 at 5:34 PM, maxxo said:

a week on

well i washed it

May be an image of car and outdoors

it's on half a tank so i'll maybe refuel within the next week

it's used a slight bit of oil since the service around 2.5k ago, took around 100mls to get it back to max

proving a rather boring thread

been a very easy ownership experience so far

Fixing the headlamp washer covers on mine drew blood. I had to activate the washers then run round and grab it and fix it with a clothes peg. Then used araldite and cable ties. They are surprisingly strong.

15 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Fixing the headlamp washer covers on mine drew blood. I had to activate the washers then run round and grab it and fix it with a clothes peg. Then used araldite and cable ties. They are surprisingly strong.

oh goody

that'll be grand fun then!

i must admit i was rather surprised when i found out the washers actually worked

The cap on my washer fluid filler was missing and there was crap in the washer tank.  Periodically I had to remove the spray nozzles and back flush them.

Not too bad a job but helps to warm them with a heat gun/hairdryer a bit so they are less brittle.

20 minutes ago, myglaren said:

The cap on my washer fluid filler was missing and there was crap in the washer tank.  Periodically I had to remove the spray nozzles and back flush them.

Not too bad a job but helps to warm them with a heat gun/hairdryer a bit so they are less brittle.

I bought a new bottle cap. I think it was under £2.

back to normal levels of mileage now

looks like i'll be doing around 600 or so miles a month in it, which helps keep it a low miler

going to get in touch with some bodyshops to sort the rest of the car out, got a few marks on the sides etc

i want this one to be like a brand new one

if citroen remade the C5 same styling inside and out, but say add adaptive cruise and auto emergency braking, but made it identical to these i'd go and buy one right now

but sadly they don't, just make blobs which don't interest me these days

one thing i will say, it has used around 400 mls of oil since the service around 2.5k ago

apparently that's normal for the EW10 engine, not worried about it

oil still looks fine, very clean in fact and no smoke or anything

but what i will say this is a seriously fast car, it's surprised me a few times when i've looked at the speedometer

so much so i made an acceleration video, not full throttle of course as i never do that, i'd say around 3/4 throttle

i know people always joke and say "oooh private road" etc etc

but this was actually filmed on a private road near the old steelworks

1 hour ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

you need full throttle to "clear away the cobwebs" & to reprogram any giffer driving the gearbag has learned

But I like the auto adaptive gearbox learning my driving style

its in 3rd before 30 for ultimate silence! 

im not one for driving the cars hard, I do accelerate somewhat hard sometimes so it shifts around 4.5k to clear it but never full throttle

9 hours ago, maxxo said:

but what i will say this is a seriously fast car, it's surprised me a few times when i've looked at the speedometer

It's good to see you are enjoying your car but it really isn't 'seriously fast', maybe compared to the vans you drive daily but compared to any other car it isn't, still as long as you like it.

Putting your foot down and using full throttle and all the revs won't break an autobox, warm the engine up then give it a proper thrashing.