2003 C5 exclusiveness!

maxxo

8 hours ago, Mrcento said:

I think they're quite 'chinny', the front overhang is a little longer than a lot of cars  and the nose kind of drops away so the very tip of the corners catch people out because they're an inch of two longer than they appear.

It can be difficult to tell at times actually 

now one thing I’ll say, with the “saloon” C5, I’m bloody glad mine has parking sensors 

those with hydraulic Citroens will know, it’s quite common, especially C5s for the rear end to raise up when you reverse…..

it’s not easy, at all, to park this and judge the distance behind you

so all my faith goes into the parking sensors 

Ha, same 3 line display my 2002 406 had 😂

Radio bits did nothing because I had my pioneer fitted but otherwise exactly the same! 

That's the 3 line display I need for my Xsara (dunno if the c5 one is the same though), plus a pickarsehole cruise/mfd stalk and the wiring to tap into the bsi and connect to the sensor present on the engine. Seems like a shit load of faff so I haven't bothered! 

Although in the manual the top spec audio system has sat nav, running on the 3 line display 😂 It looks awful, I really want it but I imagine they don't exist nowadays, probably only sold 5 in 2002/3

5 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Ha, same 3 line display my 2002 406 had 😂

Radio bits did nothing because I had my pioneer fitted but otherwise exactly the same! 

That's the 3 line display I need for my Xsara (dunno if the c5 one is the same though), plus a pickarsehole cruise/mfd stalk and the wiring to tap into the bsi and connect to the sensor present on the engine. Seems like a shit load of faff so I haven't bothered! 

Although in the manual the top spec audio system has sat nav, running on the 3 line display 😂 It looks awful, I really want it but I imagine they don't exist nowadays, probably only sold 5 in 2002/3

i suspect it's the same display

yes, the 3 line display satnav

the C5 could have that! but most people went for the big colourplus one which well, made sense

but my god i want the crap one

never seen a picasso satnav either, i've heard they're horrific

so, this is a non optioned Exclusive

not an Exclusive SE

therefore, it doesn't have an electrochrome mirror (i do which i shall fit), no power fold mirrors, no index passenger mirror in reverse, no sat nav, no traction control and no sun roof

yet, it has hydractive 3+, xenon's and washers

usual dual zone climate (which actually works), 4 one touch windows, CD changer etc

what a weird spec, i like it

yet no cruise control......yet, going to fit and fit that

a few things made me suspicious of this cars actual age

an 03 should have auto locking......

so it was registered on 31st march 2003

calculated the bulb date with the RP number......

2nd april 2002 it was built, so spent almost a year doing nothing

technically then it's an 02 plate

suppose it's from the time no one wanted a big petrol auto

On 8/24/2022 at 4:14 PM, jmsguzzi said:

Will any of these fine french barges be at any of the local shows/meets soon? wouldn't mind a perv owa them. 

just noted your location is Sunderland?

i'm just down the A19 in Middlesbrough

happy to bring either the C5 or XM up to you to have a nosy at

38 minutes ago, jmsguzzi said:

I’ll probably be heading to Taste on Tuesday if you fancy it, think you may know my mate Chris with the blue XM already?

47BA5141-AAAC-40B9-B24A-BD61888E9808.png

I’d absolutely attend, however working unfortunately…..

yes I know Chris, very nice man with an excellent cafe!

off for a few days next week if you fancy a nosy

@maxxo, @jmsguzzi

North East Restoration Club   are having a Classic Vehicle show this Sunday  Pattinson Industrial estate Washington.

Or they have a 1st wednesday of the month get together(next wednesday).

I think myself and @gm are going along 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1677078712586114/user/100063496004966/

15 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Mine was a 52reg exclusive - that had cruise control and xenon lights etc but not the colour satnav display.

has yours got “traffic master”? Mine woke up once driving up to Alexandra palace for a car show but never again in 8 years.

yes it does indeed!