My MK1 espace problem.

Robin

Ah oui, tu as un probléme there.

Vraiment, you have my sympathies. I once had 6 Rover 800s at once. Maintenant, I now have 4, and une modèle de Rover Sterling (1/25 scale) that cost me nearly as much as what I paid for the real ones.

Malheureusement, I do not connais anyone who has une Renault Espace Quadre.  Mais I do wish du bonne chance.

As tu des modèle 1.43 du Renault Espace?

1 hour ago, Lord Sterling said:

Ah oui, tu as un probléme there.

Vraiment, you have my sympathies. I once had 6 Rover 800s at once. Maintenant, I now have 4, and une modèle de Rover Sterling (1/25 scale) that cost me nearly as much as what I paid for the real ones.

Malheureusement, I do not connais anyone who has une Renault Espace Quadre.  Mais I do wish du bonne chance.

As tu des modèle 1.43 du Renault Espace?

Oui I do have un modele! I need to put it together and paint it... 

59 minutes ago, danthecapriman said:

There’s a maroon mk1 still in use round here. I see it out and about fairly often, but I’m yet to see where it lives or find out who owns it. It’s not in the best of condition but still seems to keep going and keeping getting MOT’s so someone loves it.

Ill keep an eye out!

Oh that could well be my maroon one. I live in Romsey and work in Salisbury, was previously living in Portsmouth. H752GRX is mine but if there's another then I think I'll be on the hunt! 

1 hour ago, danthecapriman said:

There’s a maroon mk1 still in use round here. I see it out and about fairly often, but I’m yet to see where it lives or find out who owns it. It’s not in the best of condition but still seems to keep going and keeping getting MOT’s so someone loves it.

Ill keep an eye out!

Here's some bonus maroon espace p0rn 

IMG_20220323_183234.thumb.jpg.e8a7eccdea5a0422d72798587654144f.jpg

IMG_20220323_183309.thumb.jpg.777310bf67172defe537f123723659ad.jpg

IMG_20220323_183320.thumb.jpg.cf140d839006dc2e18af38cee251ba3f.jpg

46 minutes ago, Robin said:

Here's some bonus maroon espace p0rn 

IMG_20220323_183234.thumb.jpg.e8a7eccdea5a0422d72798587654144f.jpg

IMG_20220323_183309.thumb.jpg.777310bf67172defe537f123723659ad.jpg

IMG_20220323_183320.thumb.jpg.cf140d839006dc2e18af38cee251ba3f.jpg

I don’t think it’s that one. The one I’ve seen isn’t as tidy as that! I think it’s a bit older too. Most of the times I’ve seen it it’s been around Waterlooville and Havant so I’d imagine it lives in that area somewhere but I’m still yet to find where!

Thinking about it I’m sure there’s another Espace around here somewhere that’s got a massive bleached/bare patch on the bonnet. Though that might be a mk2, I’ve not seen that one for a while.

7 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

We're there many Quadra spec models sold? I theorize that these were well into Mitsubishi Shogun / Isuzu Trooper territory price wise. 

They did sell quite well but less so over here, I have been thinking of finding one in Eastern Europe as a last resort 

8 hours ago, Robin said:

I'm currently fitting a Rover KV6 onto the original gearbox somehow, I'm in too deep to go back so it's happening now.

This thread was already pretty huge but it's just gone supernova.

Renault Espace KV6?! What a delightfully perverse combination. I have a KV6, but I lug it around in a Rover 800.

9 hours ago, Robin said:

I'm currently fitting a Rover KV6 onto the original gearbox somehow, I'm in too deep to go back so it's happening now. 

If normal AS perversion is tickling yourself with a feather, this is using the whole chicken. Keep us appraised of how terrible it is.

I'm a Mk1 fan too and the gf aims to have one as her 1st car. 

Latest quadra I saw for sale was in 2dehands.be - it was near Brussels. Wasn't too pricey either but interior was gone and a big project after 10yrs off the road. 

I'll see if I can find the old details.... But I wouldn't hold out too much hope tbh. 

Excellent collection - fantastic motirs that deserve the shite* adulation.