The 2006 4.2 Supercharged Range Rover thread

Wack

51 minutes ago, Mrcento said:

Discovery 3 (and ultimately 4) going the same way. Seeing more and more of them needing welding.

They are becoming old cars in their own right though and others of similar era are rotting at the same rate so wouldn't chalk it all up as LR issue, but still strange really, as they'd pretty much cracked the rust issue with the P38. Very few of them rotted away.

No the p38 just had its own p38 related issues which saw them off 🤣

On 9/9/2022 at 8:06 PM, RichardK said:

That's the trailing edge? step and leading edge/sill behind plastic is the real worry; and worth the sparkly stick treatment.

I've just P40'd it for now. I've got to get some confidence in the car before I start stripping things down for welding , I can't do it so it'll probably be expensive .

On 18/08/2022 at 20:11, Wack said:

Let's just say it picks up really well for almost 3t of metal standing over 6ft tall 

Useful too , just picked up 2x 3m lengths of coving expecting to snap a bit off to get it in 

Easy , the tailgate  even shut with room to spare 

20220818_191736.thumb.jpg.9c3969ace5d0c6ed696b1c87383b331c.jpg

YARN | Car's got a lot of pick-up. | The Blues Brothers ...

The reversing camera doesn't work , the sensors don't work either so I assume they're linked 

Stood looking g at the car for 5 minutes , where is it then , gave up , had to Google it , under the spoiler next to the wiper 

Now either the car has been to Knowsley safari Park and the monkeys have had it away or somebody has removed it. There's a housing but no camera 

A used one is over £100 so that won't be happening 

I've top coated and lacquered the repair/ bodge , looks ok. Just needs polishing , hopefully I'll get to that over the weekend 

One side de-tarred buffed and polished , the repair came up surprisingly well but it needs revisiting next year when it warms up , there's a line of paint that's slightly the wrong shade 

Painted to the swage line I think it'd blend in OK but I'm happy with it for now , it's not as bad as the camera makes it look 

Next job, wheels 

20220921_183902.thumb.jpg.a13f125f9c1eb44f610209f663cae1a0.jpg20220921_183915.thumb.jpg.044a00b59982ab24ac9be5ffd088217f.jpg

On 9/16/2022 at 9:35 PM, Wack said:

The reversing camera doesn't work , the sensors don't work either so I assume they're linked 

Stood looking g at the car for 5 minutes , where is it then , gave up , had to Google it , under the spoiler next to the wiper 

Now either the car has been to Knowsley safari Park and the monkeys have had it away or somebody has removed it. There's a housing but no camera 

A used one is over £100 so that won't be happening 

I've top coated and lacquered the repair/ bodge , looks ok. Just needs polishing , hopefully I'll get to that over the weekend 

Would a new, aftermarket one be any more palatable at that sort of price?

https://www.powerfuluk.com/catalogsearch/result?q=cam233

2 minutes ago, Garythesnail said:

Would a new, aftermarket one be any more palatable at that sort of price?

https://www.powerfuluk.com/catalogsearch/result?q=cam233

Thanks, there are updated cameras on ebay with better resolution,  this may be one , I'm currently looking on the Chinese sites to see of I can find one for the £16 they probably pay for them :-D