The 2006 4.2 Supercharged Range Rover thread

Wack

30 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Could be the brake disc back plates (which appear to be made of tinfoil) as these can escape their fixings, drop down, touch the disc and vibrate around making screeching sounds. IIRC ours did that and we took them off.

Yes , that happened on my last one , you've just reminded me , that's probably what it is 

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

Could be the brake disc back plates (which appear to be made of tinfoil) as these can escape their fixings, drop down, touch the disc and vibrate around making screeching sounds. IIRC ours did that and we took them off.

I reckon I bin them off nearly every car I own. 

See no point in them whatsoever, engineered to make the discs look pretty on the forecourt, usually rusted to nothing but the 1st MOT 🤣🤣

• Wack changed the title to The 2006 4.2 Supercharged Range Rover thread
1 hour ago, cort16 said:

Autodoc seem to cover quite a lot of LR stuff.  £40 for a disc, £50 for a rear caliper it just takes a little while to get here.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares/land-rover/range-rover/range-rover-iii-lm/45182-4-2-supercharged-4x4

Thanks 

It's going in tomorrow for a pre mot to see what it needs but I'll certainly be buying any parts from there if they're not urgent 

Just put the ctec on the battery , even after 6 hours driving it's only lit up 3 of the 7 stages so I'm wondering if state of the rear disc means it's been standing for months and he's killed the battery , its only just over a year old so I'll leave it on charge overnight and see what happens when I reconnect it 

After 12 hours it's still only on 4 out of 7 stages so I'd say even though the battery is only 11 months old it's been allowed to go completely flat 

Started it, still got an abs light and check brakes but the eml has gone out , I'll see if that comes back on when I drive it for the mot today 

There's an invoice from Sept 21 showing a battery so I'll give them a call after I get it tested , won't be going back for warranty from them though , the Isle of sky is quite a way from here 

17 hours ago, Mrcento said:

Never had an issue with Paddocks for LR stuff, myself. Usually pretty cheap and delivery always rapid.

Also, if they don't have what you need listed, get the part number and search via that, for some unknown reason, they have way, way more stuff stocked for each car than they list under the categories.

2nd paddocks plus they are not that far if you need to go in. A right pair of hillbillies you will never meet, I used to get a brew when I had a series as I spent so much time there.

17 minutes ago, gadgetgricey said:

Battery receipt? Still under warranty to get a replacement.

There's a garage invoice for it that just reads battery but if i've got to send it up there they they say it's OK I may as well just buy a new one , it starts the car OK but not going past 4 on the Ctec tells me there's something wrong with it

7 minutes ago, bangernomics said:

2nd paddocks plus they are not that far if you need to go in. A right pair of hillbillies you will never meet, I used to get a brew when I had a series as I spent so much time there.

I've been to Buckley Brothers in Darwen , it's like stepping back into the 70s, piles of stuff everywhere, you'd spend a week looking but they go, er, ah, um, yes and pull it out from somewhere

On 8/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, cort16 said:

Autodoc seem to cover quite a lot of LR stuff.  £40 for a disc, £50 for a rear caliper it just takes a little while to get here.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/spares/land-rover/range-rover/range-rover-iii-lm/45182-4-2-supercharged-4x4

Went to buckley brothers today , 2 rear discs , pads, brake sensor , ns caliper & pad fitting kit £142 , no abs sensor so I'll see if I can order one from land rover 

It's first on the MOT ramp tomorrow , I know it's a fail , it's just how bad a fail 

2 hours ago, camryv6 said:

Priorities lol

Cheap , the tyres aren't great , about 3mm but the wheels need a refurb so I'd probably be better off buying some new wheels with tyres already on 

There are loads on ebay , missed a set of 4 with new tyres for £400 on Facebook 

29 minutes ago, camryv6 said:

I am confused, i meant new light first before fixing the warning lights, i thought it had newish tyres ?

So did I. They're only a year old , I was expecting 7mm not 3mm, stupidly didn't ask 

These lights are genuine Land Rover £330 each , they were £160 on Facebook,  even if I never fit them I could sell them for double that