The 2006 4.2 Supercharged Range Rover thread

Wack

8 minutes ago, Wack said:

It was £2450 so I'm hoping it's going to be a cheap car but it is a Range Rover so probably not 🤣

It's chains not a belt so that's good 

He's also spent pretty much what I've paid for it since May 21 including 4 pirelli tyres , an alternator and brakes all round 

Screenshot_20220803-134433_Outlook.thumb.jpg.cb21e21a95e1f4bf1dd86b1f6d22855a.jpg

😲 *runs to e bay*

Looks a good buy! 

The L322s do like to give warning messages in response to low battery voltage, so give it a full charge and see if that makes a difference. 

Also, try recalibrating the steering angle sensors, as those warning messages are typical of when this is needed. To do this, with the car switched off and stationary with wheels pointing straight, start the engine and turn the wheel to full right lock then full left lock, then back to centre. Switch off and back on.

Good luck! 

4 minutes ago, Mrs6C said:

Looks a good buy! 

The L322s do like to give warning messages in response to low battery voltage, so give it a full charge and see if that makes a difference. 

Also, try recalibrating the steering angle sensors, as those warning messages are typical of when this is needed. To do this, with the car switched off and stationary with wheels pointing straight, start the engine and turn the wheel to full right lock then full left lock, then back to centre. Switch off and back on.

Good luck! 

thanks

It had a new battery last year, i'll give it a go on the ctec to see if it is low, though i'd have thought the 4 hour drive home would put plenty in it , I've had electrical gremlins with a low battery in the past cured by a new battery so I'll give that a go

I've got an autel diagnostics scanner so i'll see how far that get's into it

7 minutes ago, dome said:

I'm not* jealous at all-i paid the same for my BMW engined 4.4 with LPG. 

I couldn't face the fuel bill for this or I'd have been all over it!

I do local stuff in a smart car which i'll continue to do , I did ask if it had a towbar because the smart is set up to tow behind a motorhome so I could've driven up and towed it back but it hasn't, I think that'd definitely have made social meda, see I told you they were unreliable, he's got a lifeboat

Is the ABS light on too? I said this in the other thread but when my ABS sensor failed it disabled the HDC (obvs cos it runs on the same sensor) and also made the suspension inactive. I also had to replace the ABS ring on the CV joint as it was fucked. 

If it is, don't buy the cheapest sensor on ebay, mine failed again after a few months.

I will be following this thread with interest. I keep looking at these... Brave, brave move. Yours looks really nice in that colour, more utilitarian proper RR look, less drug dealer. Is the rust on the rear arch under the back door?

3 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

Just for avoidance of doubt, there isn't a May 2006 car tax change. Its 21st of March 2006.

So Range Rovers from the end of March and all of April 2006 will have the higher tax. 

Looks like somebody made sure it got registered before then 🤣

Screenshot_20220804-154723.jpg

1 minute ago, Wack said:

Looks like somebody made sure it got registered before then 🤣

Screenshot_20220804-154723.jpg

I had one on a 55 plate years ago. It was good - didn't have many problems at all. I think a fuel level issue and that was about it. It annoyed friends with slightly newer ones that my tax was so much cheaper.

I think I saw a Cadillac that had been registered the day before the tax rise - good timing!

8 hours ago, Wack said:

For those unaware I have form with cheap range rovers , I paid £1000 for an 02 TDi L322 in 2018 with a knackered engine,  I bought an engine on a pallet and had it fitted 

This is the 'new' engine running 

.......just needs running in 

• Wack changed the title to The 2006 4.2 Supercharged Range Rover thread