Which car on Grand Theft Auto did you always choose?

sierraman

34 minutes ago, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I thought these computer game things were supposed to be super realistic , I’m glad I’m too old to have ever played on one, they all look shit.

Tbf, GTA V is approaching 10 years now, and GTA SA came out almost 20 years ago (feel old yet?).

Fun fact, I got hooked by 3 and all preceding games so much (still can remember seeing it on a mate's PC for the first time after what felt like an eternity of waiting for it to release) that I started building my own cars for years. Which led to my career, and working for the brains behind the franchise eventually.

I started on the 2d one and my mind was blown. I’ve always loved the idea you could go off and do your own thing. In fact I’ve probably never completed a mission.  I just tend to be a lone assassin, cause mayhem and get taken out. Presumably I have issues? In real life I am calm and respectful, honest.

I went up to San Andreas and vice city on ps2, 20 years old now! My other half’s son has the most up to date one but I haven’t had a go (yet 😄)

I had the original GTA which got played to death on my AMD K5 (remember those?!) which was great because it reminded me of an unruly version of Micro Machines.

The subsequent games were too much for any of the computers I owned to run (the original was kinda slow running) so fell off the radar pretty quickly but it was always fun to snag a Jugular and go hooning around town.

1584540738_gallery11.jpg.1c8accd5cdca579cccbca94b8afbfe25.jpg

Great for farting about in avoiding doing flying missions.  I gave up on the series with V, a game I was enjoying so little the more I played it that I just sort of abandoned it.  I wasn't even angry at it I was just... meh.  It felt too much like work to be fun.

5 hours ago, HMC said:

GTA SHITE CITY

I would advice buying a copy of The Getaway Black Monday to anyone who wants a car list of shite. Sure, it's an old game, the driving physics aren't brilliant and it has some other flaws as well, but the streets of that virtual London are filled with an interesting selection of cars. Real models actually, not just "this is a model of x and y blended together to avoid copyright claims".

https://igcd.net/game.php?id=418705

maxresdefault.jpg

21 hours ago, D.E said:

I would advice buying a copy of The Getaway Black Monday to anyone who wants a car list of shite. Sure, it's an old game, the driving physics aren't brilliant and it has some other flaws as well, but the streets of that virtual London are filled with an interesting selection of cars. Real models actually, not just "this is a model of x and y blended together to avoid copyright claims".

https://igcd.net/game.php?id=418705

maxresdefault.jpg

dont forget to pickup a copy of, "The Getaway" which was the first instalment in the series (which is where I think your screenshot is from, the Mission where you go shoot up and set fire to the bar belonging to the Gang you used to be from, 2nd mission in the game in-fact, yes I played it that much I remember it pretty much off by heart!)

I played the crap out of both when I was young, it was so awesome to have a (then!) modern "GTA" set not only in England but where I live!

and being able to run about in Routemasters and London Taxi's so much fun! my only gripe was in The getway, you could only drive the RM's and other large vehicles like the Lorries, in a first person view, for whatever reason they never gave you a 3rd person view

thankfully they fixed that in Black monday :)

The Getaway was brilliant. The little Lexus L200 was a n excellent car for hooning in, as was the Brabus Smart car.

GTA SA I liked the Rolls Royce with a lift kit and 4x4 tyres. :)

GTA VC The Golf look alike thingy was pretty nippy. I also liked the Police helicopter.

18 minutes ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

BeamNG.drive is quite popular at the moment for those who like to tweak things (like making your flywheel weigh 1000kg) to see what happens.

T'is a very good game. Lost a lot of time to it. Nice modding community too. :)

I find it quite amusing that in GTA 3 and Vice City, they very clearly just took pictures of a couple of wheels from the car park and used those on the car models. Like this Kuruma sporting Mk2 Punto wheeltrims:

564.jpg.d27b721ac754a1a6419ad9b248e4ce86.jpg

656306595fb44c378b3a5df9ed5e0116.thumb.jpg.8d9a0e27482e9eb5251fd8841a81c398.jpg

And this Cartel Cruiser which is sporting some nice 5 spoke Honda wheels, I believe off an early HR-V

553.jpg.6ec98a73ff6ea700250936bcadd76cf1.jpg

1921942468_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.cbc69d310163647604222e18d0ccec9b.jpg

On 8/1/2022 at 9:50 PM, NorfolkNWeigh said:

I thought these computer game things were supposed to be super realistic , I’m glad I’m too old to have ever played on one, they all look shit.

I wouldn't say that the games discussed here are supposed to be realistic. The driving/flying/shooting simulator types are intended to be that but these are kind of based in a fictional world where you follow a storyline.

I am not a video game player - I haven't played one for years as I just don't engage with them or any way or find them fun in the slightest. I have played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, however

I'm not really into computer games but did enjoy GTA London as a teenager so bought a PS1 copy to play on a PS3 I was given.  It worked once I'd bought GTA as well but couldn't be saved so a couple of Saturdays were wasted trying to complete it in one hit.

I found the S Carts pretty good for being fairly quick but solid enough to survive through a mission.  Crapis and E Types were fun but fragile.

I managed to get into a pretty cool crew where someone will "host" an online session,where upto 31 crewmates could grind away at their various businesses in peace 

An event would usually be held every couple of weeks for a themed car meet ( classic/muscle/low rider ect), we would then cruise to another 3 or 4 locations where cars and outfits could be changed.

Sometimes a vote for car of the day would happen, then one of the weekly race series would be started for anyone that fancied it

Or maybe a Broughy Gfred would be run,good fun

On 8/1/2022 at 8:46 PM, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

I used to play a lot of SAMP, which is a San Andreas multiplayer mod with loads of community-run servers. Runs on a potato, basically GTA Online for kids without their own money or rich parents. Last time I checked it's still going strong.

Anyway, unlike GTA Online the server I used to play on limited you to only one personal vehicle. Most players rode around in Bullets or Turismos... I chose the Manana.

Manana-GTASA-front.thumb.jpg.8c096319bbae1bcb58b5c0d2e42c77c6.jpg

Manana-GTASA-rear.thumb.jpg.5883af915d39c5f4e879072507629dba.jpg

No surprises then that I ended up here all these years later!

I always thought the Manana looked like it was based on a Daihatsu Applause or Charade or something like that. I loved them but they were one of those cars that were surprisingly rare.

My favourite cars were the Buffalo, a ridiculously fast muscle car thing. Sounded great, possibly based on an 80s Camaro? 
2D724F30-5A54-401C-877A-3616F04E49EF.jpeg.b603b985f52504208f5f64ee2bdbf598.jpeg

Then my favourite shite car was the Tahoma, which incidentally was the four-door car of choice for CJ’s rivals the Ballas.

77641E87-12A2-4282-AB11-2659D40A7B8F.thumb.webp.1ef7cb6d88dcf5e1096a8fe340f72351.webp

SA was the only one I really got into, played that game to death!