Peugeot 307cc WTF??

Barry Cade

Probably there to try and counterbalance the roof - was it screwed directly to the floor or was it kinda moveable? If not that, maybe to dampen out dodgy vibrations through the shell.

Very early Porsche 928s had a battery that weighed a metric fuckload in the boot mounted on an arm from the transaxle to kill nasty vibrations in a similar manner. If you changed the battery for a spurious one the ride quality went all to cock. I think that mad idea only lasted a year or so.

I know in the trade there have been a lot of people bitten expensively by Peugeot cc roof 'issues'. A bit of a hot potato, the 307cc.

Luckily, the schematics are online.

Posted Image

I've been trying to visualise the end result of grafting together a Rover P4 and some kind of "cc" flippy roof recently - I think a P4 would be utterly fab as a pillarless 2 door cabrio - 206 and 307 are likely to be cheap as chips in another 5 years so maybe I'll even get to try it!The missus works for a large Ford dealer, apparently they have had a lot of leaky roof problems with the Focus CC's - my suggestion that she tell customers "if you want a car that never leaks then buy one with the roof actually fucking welded on!" did not go down very well... :lol:

I think a P4 would be utterly fab as a pillarless 2 door cabrio

You mean something like this?.

Posted Image

Posted Image

IMHO this was the best thing to come out of chopshop, Just a shame it was still a bucket of shit that snapped in half whilst making it.

I was always amazed at the quality of the stuff that came out of the Chop Chop in Bangladesh considering the lack of stuff they had to work with.

Yes, that is superb!

A P4 100 was one of the most likeable cars I have ever driven

Posted Image

Still think that's amazing considering what they were working with

Posted Image

Still looks cack but it's still amazing that they made it with what they had.

Had both 206cc and currently 307cc in the family for the past 9 years - never had any probs with the roofs - in fact most of the manufacturers regardless use the same supplier of ecus and control systems for all the cabrios/ccs namely -Power packer in the states - from my time in the trade your just as likely to get a roof prob in an merc slk or an a4 as you are in a 206. :D

Had both 206cc and currently 307cc in the family for the past 9 years - never had any probs with the roofs - in fact most of the manufacturers regardless use the same supplier of ecus and control systems for all the cabrios/ccs namely -Power packer in the states - from my time in the trade your just as likely to get a roof prob in an merc slk or an a4 as you are in a 206. :D

Motha_Wat has had a 206 CC from new.Oh dear. The drivers door has never sealed right. It pisses in water during a heavy downpour. Never had any trouble with the roof, but there's a reason for that - she's had it down about twice. She still doesn't know about the time I dropped the roof and took it for a cheeky little blat round Oulton Park either - I was trying to impress this lovely bit of crumpet you see. Didn't work.It has an EW engine which sounds [and runs] like a bag of nails and has a torque curve drawn by an epileptic. I have some serious doubts about its torsional rigidity as well. Sans top there's a unnerving shuffle around the scuttle area when taking bends.With the roof up it's extremely noisy and road noise is barely suppressed. Why in God's name PSA decided to fit stiff springs and dampers is beyond me - you can feel the poor thing writing in agony over cat's eyes and transverse ridges.For a Peugeot (lots of underseal remember) it's surprisingly rusty as well. Doubly so for a 40,000 miler that's been garaged at least two thirds of its life. And this is a garage integral to the house, in which my Amazon managed not to deteriorate in. There's been some bubbling around the top roof seal (er, where the water comes in) and a couple of rear brackets are rusty as sin.It's done something unforgivable in the past as well - it stopped my mum from seeing hers 2 hours before she died. The clutch let go completely coming off the M60 and meant she couldn't continue on into Rochdale. The amount of abuse she took of passing motorists probably meant it was a good thing I wasn't in the car with her at the time.I like the gearknob though, it's polished metal. Really nice.