what would you buy

58classiccars

A mate and myself had a chat about the first car we would buy if we came in to money, he chose a mk 4 cortina. Myself,I would have to have a fairthorpe tx 2000, I may have to buy wuvvum one to. What would you buy, and why. At the moment I have A 72 rover p6, An austin 1300, wuvvums old one, and a Nissan Serena.

Guess it depends on how much money we're talking. Obviously, R 25 V6 Turbo would be 1st on the list, then Mk 1 Lotus Cortina, Vauxhaul Cresta PA, Consul Capri GT, '57 Chevy Nomad, '32 Ford Model B roadster Hot Rod. And that's just for starters!!! :lol:

Guest greenvanman

At the risk of appearing greedy, can I have a scooter as well? :) A rod model Vespa would be nice. I'd like one of those 80s Hondas too, can't remember the model but they had a pop-up headlight and a digital dash. Very cool.

AC Aceca Bristol in Gunmetal with red hide.Jensen Interceptor FF in Moss green with dark green hide.Mk1 Mini van in grey.Mk1 Transit RecoveryBedford CF BeavertailLand Rover 2B Forward control in grey.Austin Three Litre in dark Blue.Humber Imperial 1967 Model in Gunmetal Grey. (Thrupp & Maberley stretch with glass partition) Reg NVB 21 E (Just want it back.............)1965/66 Hillman Super Minx in Azure blue with a white stripe. (Sell me yours please POG) Get my Land Rover up and running. (it's been 4 years nearly since I bought it, and never driven it yet)The list is endless. This is just the start of the British stuff.Ooooh a Standard Vanguard estate.....1959/60ish.....

Austin WestminsterSeries 3 XJ6Triumph 2000Wolseley 16/60Renault 12 (and a 16 for good measure)Mint Mk1 & 2 GranadasVarious old yanksMk3 & 5 CortinasSeat 127Fiat 131 SupermirafioriCitroen DSMk10 JaguarRover P6 3500Morris 1000 vanand an early Transit

I'd have a RHD, tax exempt Citroën DS23 EFI Pallas semi-auto saloon. Plus I'd get my existing fleet all restored to immaculate condition and on the road, and the 164 would get a conversion to manual overdrive and fuel injection. And probably have to have a Series 1 E type convertible - 4.2, in BRG, for the three days of sunshine we get every year.

Honestly?

Posted Image

Oh god yes. Never gonna go down in value

Posted Image

And just because I can (would like a 44-tonner too but no C category on my licence)

Shite-wise?

Posted Image

Gotta be wunna these. Had a scary dream the other night that I'd clocked a two-tone, black over silver example with 18 American alloys driven by an old codger in a car park right here in Jersey. Must stop eating cheese before I go to bed at night

An early Datsun Stanza, which I would have restored through the most expensive bodyshop I can find and spend thousands of pounds sourcing parts from Japan.Just because it would be hilarious to do so.

An early Datsun Stanza, which I would have restored through the most expensive bodyshop I can find and spend thousands of pounds sourcing parts from Japan.

Just because it would be hilarious to do so.

Here you go then matey :lol: Better get saving up/book the ferry

Posted Image

I'd go Eastern European - army green ARO M461, black Chaika, and a '36 Tatra T87 in black. Although some coach-built Wartburgs are also very nice.Also a DS...Also an old heap of a Roller, preferably in something earth-coloured and two-tone. Possibly an Adler Autobahnwagen......and, to top it off, the ultimate shite car. Dacia 500 Lastun. Built 1987-92, 67mph, 85mph, an absolute filthy pile of cack but I love it:http://www.igu.ro/latrecut/?p=955

Hmm, not an easy one this..

Ok.

Dodge Charger (I was all about dukes of hazzard when i was wee) :P

Posted Image

My old 100% reliable Trannie. (sniff) :(

Posted Image

LWB Dodge 50 7.5 tonner - all decked out, and ferry booked to the continent.

Posted Image

Other than that, I guess most of the same muck you guys slaver over too!

Oh!

Almost forgot.

GOTTA have a super spanky Lotus Sunbeam!

Posted Image

Dammit, gonna be up even later now thinking of glaring omissions!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wonder if an Espada lump would fit into either of those?

I keep hearing a rumour that they will eventually stick 12 pots into these - if they launch this shooting brake and the tax-man finally recognizes my ex-pat status, then I'll plump for one of these:

Posted Image

yummy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think there is a pattern emerging :)

I can understand why you'd like the first two (I do too), but the Bristol 412 was not one of Zagato's finest moments IMO. I follow one of those home from work on occasion and, while no Bristol is ever going to be a thing of great beauty (well, possibly the very first ones, but then they were really BMWs), the 412 is particularly oddly proportioned.

I think an Alfa SZ in black would be a fun thing to own - drive up behind someone on the motorway in one of those with headlights blazing and they'd dive for the slow lane. :D

I can understand why you'd like the first two (I do too), but the Bristol 412 was not one of Zagato's finest moments IMO. I follow one of those home from work on occasion and, while no Bristol is ever going to be a thing of great beauty (well, possibly the very first ones, but then they were really BMWs), the 412 is particularly oddly proportioned. I think an Alfa SZ in black would be a fun thing to own - drive up behind someone on the motorway in one of those with headlights blazing and they'd dive for the slow lane. :D

IMO, when Zagato got it right the result was stunning, eg Flaminia Sport, but when they got it wrong, just look at that roof, it's even worse up, they did it so spectacularly that mere words like ugly or beautiful cannot do justice to it. Put that on top of something built like the Forth Bridge, with a thumping great Chrysler engine to haul it about and you have: ultimate shite.I agree with you about a black SZ, 8) only all those that I've seen at various Italian car days have all been red, did they ever make any black ones?