Just scrapped a pug 107

Daviemck2006

My sons abused, fucked 107 has been littering my drive for about 10 months. It was bought at 2 years old, it's a 12 plate. It's been thrashed, bashed generally bad used but serviced every 10k. It put a conrod through the engine, got re engined with a 13k ebay breaker engine, and a new clutch. He did about another 20k then clutch went. That's when it got abandoned at mine. He took the box out and fount the release bearing goosed. Replaced it, put box back in but never finished it. So it was left on axle stands needing clutch cable connected, battery tray, fuse box and battery replaced and wheels refitted. On the meantime mot expired. I'm not fit now to do these things myself so he got a 4 week warning 4 weeks ago, get it fixed or moved or I scrap it. His answer, I don't care do what you want. So I get son in law to have a look at it. Says it needs discs and pads, brake pipes, subframe welded, couple ball joints, driveshaft boot, prob back breaks too as well as the other stuff to get going. My daughter has a c1 needing two tyres so I told Dan to take shauns alloys and put on the rusty wheels bald tyres on the 107. Contacted a few scrappies and best offer was £50! Did a cartakeback quote, they offered £401 and they picked it up. So it's off to copart Edinburgh to get done whatever they will do for it. Be sold on a copart auction I expect or be stripped and bean tins I do feel a bit bad scrapping a 10 year old 107 though.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I hate the thought of scrapping a car too, but at ten years old it's already exceeded the manufacturer's projected lifespan... And if it hasn't been terribly well looked after, is riddled with faults, and can provide spares to cars elsewhere on the fleet - then I think you made a sensible decision to get it out of your way.

I only got £360 from CarTakeBack for a Subaru Outback in May, so I think you did very well to realise £401 on a 107!

but on the +ve side you just increased value of a c1 with the alloys
Daughters c1 is 2 years older, but only done about 50k and been looked after. It was looking a bit scabby cos it had lost its wheel trims and the wheels were rusty and needed 2 tyres. The 107 was a sportium so had alloys as standard and son had put two new uniroyals on just before it broke and the others weren't very old either. So daughters one now decently shod and looking better too.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Well the 107 maybe is not going to be been cans. It's on copart whitburn auction site, auction running for 6 days. There is now a battery connected, and engine seems to be running with the eml on, and mileage showing 105k. I thought it was a lot more than that. I'm not registered with copart so cant put a watch on it.

As an aside, if someone was selling a car on my behalf and they took photos with what looks like a massive oil leak underneath I'd be very unhappy.

Yes, they do want a lot for it!

FWIW, I really like 107s.

As to "dad storage" - I am still a bit sad that he sold my MGB without asking me. Bloody loved that car, I just didn't have the money to fix it. 😶

Here it was in happier times. Can you tell what I was thinking when that photo was taken?

Maria went like a train. She was always half an hour late and infuriated anyone who was working with her.

me and maria.jpg

1 hour ago, chris667 said:

As an aside, if someone was selling a car on my behalf and they took photos with what looks like a massive oil leak underneath I'd be very unhappy.

The vendor has bought the car from the OP, so the OP is done with it. Their business model is to punt scrap through copart, basically!

1 hour ago, warch said:

I think these are quite popular in rallying, especially junior level and racing (there might even be a one make series). Obviously junior level drivers are usually a bit mixed ability*, so there is a healthy demand for new shells.  

Yeah there is a one make series. Bad obsession Motorsport did a few videos following them building/racing one

22 hours ago, Daviemck2006 said:

The 107 was a sportium 

Original back box are in demand for these as NLA and after market centre exit ones are shite.

Some Sport models also came with wheel arch extenders which command much coin second hand (hundreds) as they are unobtanium.

EDIT just looked at the Copart pictures - and it has neither 

Also:

Est. Retail Value:£2,595.00 GBP

🤣

Presumably only after much work, paintwork, and a new MOT.

2 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

Presumably only after much work, paintwork, and a new MOT.

I had a look at how much my Peugeot 107 would command in terms of price, eBay had sold listings for cars that had more miles than me going for £2k, and that was a year ago. Mine is a limited edition Millesim though which they only made for a year.

I think the millesium is basically the same as the sportium, maybe without the tinted windows. That car was a good car, I used it for a while for takeaway deliveries, it was perfect for that. I thought it had vastly more than 105k on it. The body would actually be ok with the sticker bombs pulled off and properly cleaned. Both bumpers fucked though, the front subframe fucked and the last time I saw underneath it before its last mot the entire underside was rusty. The inside is all there but absolutely stinks and mouldy. I had a little laugh when I saw the projected retail price. My thoughts were get a clean base one and give it the sportiums identity.............................

7 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

The vendor has bought the car from the OP, so the OP is done with it. Their business model is to punt scrap through copart, basically!

This. If you’ve received the money you are happy with for it who cares? The worst crime, apart from scrapping a car on here seems to be making any sort of profit on anything.