Three spokes. The good the bad and the ugly

bunglebus

Advan A3As, as fitted to a model I built:

Tamiya 1:24 Honda City GG

And this RAV4 has a different style 3-spoke to the one a feew posts back:

1997 Toyota RAV4 GX

I like them here, they suit the slightly futuristic look. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the other side, so I don't know if they're directional, but I'd say this is the right way for an angled spoke.

3 hours ago, warch said:

Thunder1.jpg.b12e891439bf77ff6c88bbe1df9b1658.jpg

Antera three spokes from the early 90s, here modelled by the ill fated Max Power Project Thunder. IIRC they were 17's which was the holy grail of yoof car culture back then, you'd put up with buggered handling, tyres rubbing on arches and heavy steering all day just to say you had 17s. 

Other than THOSE wheels, I liked Project Blunder, especially the glow in the dark paint.

Last seen parked backwards in a shop IIRC

Also, my old Golf Country, complete with Autoshite private plate and winter tyres that came as extras with the car when I imported it way back in 2000. 

That would have made a great collection thread.  One way flight to Munich, money belt full of cash, not knowing whether I was about to meet up with Josef Fritzl and an epic drive back home.

I got rear ended in commuter traffic one day,  and it was never the same afterwards due to difficulty in getting hold of parts.  Amazingly for one of my old cars, it is still on the road.  I saw it on ebay a few months ago (G11 AWD)

j342hgf.jpg

Golf country winter tyres.jpg

14 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Just found a couple of others:

1995 Toyota Emina Estima X Luxury

Boyds on a JDM Estima.

1972 Datsun 240Z (S30) c.1997

And Center Lines on a 240Z (more of a 3-slot style I suppose).

Center Line wheel on 240Z

My Dad had something very similar to those Center Lines on an (automatic) MX5

12 hours ago, grogee said:

All Saab three spoke wheels are equal, but some are more equal than others.

I always liked the hammerhead ones the best, but I believe they're literally the heaviest wheels you can get for a Saab.

Speaking of Saab wheels I've discovered a rather nice set in my lockup which I now remember I was keeping to get refurbed, then completely forgot about them. Would you like them?

10 hours ago, djoptix said:

I always liked the hammerhead ones the best, but I believe they're literally the heaviest wheels you can get for a Saab.

Speaking of Saab wheels I've discovered a rather nice set in my lockup which I now remember I was keeping to get refurbed, then completely forgot about them. Would you like them?

That would be gr9 mate, thank you. I think we are passing Brizzle in September, I'll check date. 

On 7/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, wheel nut said:

Continuing from the 3-spoke alloys offered on the Nova, Vauxhall produced a selection of 3-spoke designs for some of the earlier Corsas.

1987908037_Screenshot2022-07-20at13_06_33.thumb.png.65c9b2d2fb7090c297827958972f3df9.png

1287513171_Screenshot2022-07-20at13_15_07.png.1adf32562b21072d59d92d9bd0c098b6.png

96476246_Screenshot2022-07-20at13_32_35.thumb.png.6961c74fa977931eeabbe14c2cd2a1fe.png

Had the middle ones on one of my old acclaims sans centre caps thought they looked alright. Was more fun squealing on the standard steels to be fair as seem like I recall more grip showed up other flaws. Can’t remember rightly  to be honest (smoked a lot at the time). Is highly possible maybe I just liked the tyre squeal on the skinny 13’s. Always rated venoms over soft line three spokes, still do now.

Adding to the thread.

A0F51979-7FC3-4B1A-8EDF-09D136A8972A.thumb.jpeg.23954f05ff04f578bd3eda70a4476e75.jpeg

Defo WOOD.

Three spokes are best spokes. 

On 20/07/2022 at 06:14, Spottedlaurel said:

Advan A3As, as fitted to a model I built:

Tamiya 1:24 Honda City GG

And this RAV4 has a different style 3-spoke to the one a feew posts back:

1997 Toyota RAV4 GX

I like them here, they suit the slightly futuristic look. Unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the other side, so I don't know if they're directional, but I'd say this is the right way for an angled spoke.

Those are the oem Rav4 wheels iirc. The ones on the red one earlier in the thread look like OZ Cygnus. 

As always, if anyone has anything taking up space, I'll pay good money for wheels :)

On 7/20/2022 at 9:14 PM, coachie said:

Also, my old Golf Country, complete with Autoshite private plate and winter tyres that came as extras with the car when I imported it way back in 2000. 

That would have made a great collection thread.  One way flight to Munich, money belt full of cash, not knowing whether I was about to meet up with Josef Fritzl and an epic drive back home.

I got rear ended in commuter traffic one day,  and it was never the same afterwards due to difficulty in getting hold of parts.  Amazingly for one of my old cars, it is still on the road.  I saw it on ebay a few months ago (G11 AWD)

j342hgf.jpg

Golf country winter tyres.jpg

Those are BBS BT011s, and I actually came here to post about them! BT stands for Benetton, they should have green centre caps that say 'Benetton Formula 1', and a little coloured graphic cast into one of the spokes. Tried to buy a set recently as there were some in Abergele, on my way to Shitefest, but they sold in the prior week. 

BBS Benetton 3 spoke 14" | Roda