FAO "The Management"

pogweasel

when a username looks a little strange (apologies KruJoe!!) I take a 'better safe than sorry' approach HS

No prob Mr H.I completely understand. It's good to see someone making the effort to keep it clean. As clean as shite can be, anyhow."Kru Joe" is what my students call me. "Kru" means "teacher" in Thai. I only realised it sounded like "crew" (or however the CHAV YOOF spell it) when I was reading one one of Mr Blx's wonderfully colourful rants!Keep up the good work.Great site, and I'm glad to be a part of it.KJ

"Kru Joe" is what my students call me. "Kru" means "teacher" in Thai.

Are you a native or an ex-pat like China Tom?
Clean-living expat, Sir RR.NOT a SEXpat -- another of those wierdos has been caught in Pattaya today. If he's what they say he is, he needs his meat and veg cutting up and feeding to the Pattaya ladyboys.Enough already.Thanks for a great forum, guys! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I waited 2 days after I registered. I emailed the admin and was activated almost straight away. I attempted to start a forum recently- www.naturalbornsuperheroes.com and I have 4 members and in one week I get anything from 10 to 70 spammers registering!!! its a pain in the ass to keep editing.

Just checked newest registered user --- Viewing profile :: unmawwevaAvatar All about unmawweva Joined: 18 Nov 2007Total posts: 0[0.00% of total / 0.00 posts per day]Find all posts by unmawwevaLocation: OmanWebsite: http://teen-boy-party.sexofvagina.cnOccupation: HumanInterests: CampingAnd it took me 2 days to register????????

ozzienpg3rdtry = real unmawweva = fakeAs an administrator it's hard to tell which one is real and which one is fake. Now if ozzienpg3rdtry had called himself something like TalbotTagora1980 that would have been a bit better. Or TagoraShagger may also be ok. Tagggoraviagrrrahottboyys might not get allowed though.

From Facebook....."Hi all. I read the forums quite a bit, but my username STILL hasn't been activated, and I signed up MONTHS ago. The username is Calum. I've wanted to post so many times, but as of yet have yet to have my account activated.Cheers"Could you oblige?

www.autoshite.com Forum IndexViewing profile :: FakebabxAvatar All about Fakebabx Joined: 27 Nov 2007Total posts: 0[0.00% of total / 0.00 posts per day]Find all posts by FakebabxLocation: AustraliaWebsite: http://www.camb.edu.pk/Purchase/doc/onl ... 5-mg-.htmlOccupation: Electronic ArtsInterests: Games ITContact FakebabxE-mail address: Private Message: Send private messageMSN Messenger: Hello, new {interracial|black|Ebony} galleryYahoo Messenger: Yahoo MessengerAIM Address: AIM AddressICQ Number: ICQ NumberJump to: Could this be a genuine person????

While we're on the subject, found this on another site!!!I would not reply to spam posts if I were you. As the poster gets a message when you reply that could give them access to your accounts, depending on how secure this forum is. Then from your accounts they can 'vandalise' the site. I had a forum once for some software I was using, got hacked via a dodgy email that got replied to. Have no idea how its done but best ignore them and let the Admins remove the posts.In other words DO NOT POST REPLIES IF U SUSPECT A POST IS SPAM!!!

Methinks the management need to revise their methods for approving registrations. Manually activated accounts is the way forward. If you haven't got time to do it then give another forum user the access to do it. You can also modify phpBB so that new users aren't even visible until activated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Keef's post above has reminded me that I'm a member here too.... :oops: Must try to visit more frequently, I like this place. Lots! :mrgreen:

I was wondering what had happened to you! So many many people stick around for a bit & then disappear never to be seen or heard from again. Sometimes even the more prolific posters too!

I reckon that this isn't a bad thing as it means they're careful about who they allow in and there is rarely any aggro over there.

Er.....yes......that'll be what it is! :?:lol:

I'd keep on waiting, they will see to you eventually and it'll be worth it.

Right on the money there though! :D

So many many people stick around for a bit & then disappear never to be seen or heard from again.

I wonder if they just get swamped with unread posts and can't "keep up"?I've given up trying to read everything, but the way the site is just in one thread it makes it difficult to even read the more interesting bits. :-(

So many many people stick around for a bit & then disappear never to be seen or heard from again.

I wonder if they just get swamped with unread posts and can't "keep up"?
Try following what goes on on Retro Rides! :shock: You can make a post, then walk away for half an hour, come back, try to find it & it'll already have been forced onto page 2! :o This site is also beginning to become hard to keep up with. Checking once a day or so usually keeps you abreast of things, but any longer......For instance, I couldn't find the time to come on here for a week or so around early December & I STILL haven't caught up! I come across posts that were made around Dec/Jan time that I don't remember seeing before. :roll: It'll only get worse the bigger our intake & popularity becomes, although there's no way I can bring myself to call it a bad thing! The notoriety of the site spreads far & wide! :D

I've given up trying to read everything, but the way the site is just in one thread it makes it difficult to even read the more interesting bits. :-(

I'm not sure I can picture what you mean by it being 'in one thread' ? :?

Hiya. Can we let Lovejoy Antiques in please? He's tried to register twice -first time rebuffed, second time told that the name was already in use.You may have been wary cos he's registered in Antigua -but I can vouch for him as a sold citizen with a Fiat 900t ina lockup on the south coast -for his occasional trips 'home'.Thank you