Jump to content

Hoghton classic car show 26/6/2022


UltraWomble

Recommended Posts

mk2 tina estate oof

ha viva oof

woulda gone if knew it was on

fanks wimble :P

is the guy with the crown (s) called peter - seem to have seen them before but dont remember where - if its him last time i saw him he said he had many crowns

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite a few of these were at the Lytham classic car show and are in the spotters thread, if I had known this show was happening I would have gone, about 20 minutes from me

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

40 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

 

IMG_20220626_104615.jpg

 

Is that a modern Audi next to this? Hopefully that's not going to be a new trend. Far too many RS Focus and Boxsters appearing at classics shows. 😕

Grump over.

 

Anyway, great pics.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

 

Is that a modern Audi next to this? Hopefully that's not going to be a new trend. Far too many RS Focus and Boxsters appearing at classics shows. 😕

Grump over.

 

Anyway, great pics.

I noticed that at the Lytham Classic car show last Sunday, there were a few RS Focus that were modified and looked stupid

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

 

Is that a modern Audi next to this? Hopefully that's not going to be a new trend. Far too many RS Focus and Boxsters appearing at classics shows. 😕

 

There was, probably about half a dozen RS Focuses (Foci?) and other things I feel are not really part of a classics show, including a 71 Plate Bini Cabrio that had been mildly tarted up.
One "owner" of a pimped RS said "dont you want a photo of this?" as I was photographing a capri next to it - I felt like that Nazi sympathiser priest from Father Ted when I said "No, that sort of thing wouldnt interest me at all".

S03E01-1lmOY6Ny-subtitled.jpg

 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

There was, probably about half a dozen RS Focuses (Foci?) and other things I feel are not really part of a classics show, including a 71 Plate Bini Cabrio that had been mildly tarted up.
One "owner" of a pimped RS said "dont you want a photo of this?" as I was photographing a capri next to it - I felt like that Nazi sympathiser priest from Father Ted when I said "No, that sort of thing wouldnt interest me at all".

S03E01-1lmOY6Ny-subtitled.jpg

 

Why would he say that, it's like he is trying to force you to like his car, not everyone likes a modified modern, when I went to Lytham I didn't photograph any of the modern cars such as the modified Focuses that were there

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

There was, probably about half a dozen RS Focuses (Foci?) and other things I feel are not really part of a classics show, including a 71 Plate Bini Cabrio that had been mildly tarted up.
One "owner" of a pimped RS said "dont you want a photo of this?" as I was photographing a capri next to it - I felt like that Nazi sympathiser priest from Father Ted when I said "No, that sort of thing wouldnt interest me at all".

S03E01-1lmOY6Ny-subtitled.jpg

 

What a thing to ask 😆 What was his reaction?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

is the guy with the crown (s) called peter - seem to have seen them before but dont remember where - if its him last time i saw him he said he had many crowns

It is Peter Hunter indeed, and yes he has others.

Some great stuff there, excellent patina on the HA Viva.

Rover P5B Coupe or L-reg Cortina Mk3 Estate for me please, ta.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GrumpyCat said:

 

Is that a modern Audi next to this? Hopefully that's not going to be a new trend. Far too many RS Focus and Boxsters appearing at classics shows. 😕

Grump over.

 

Anyway, great pics.

thats been going on for years - if its a one marque show - this happens spesh if its vag - dont go to stuff much now because of this

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like there was something for everyone there! Thanks for sharing

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...