Hoghton classic car show 26/6/2022

UltraWomble

5 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

Is that a modern Audi next to this? Hopefully that's not going to be a new trend. Far too many RS Focus and Boxsters appearing at classics shows. 😕

Grump over.

Anyway, great pics.

I noticed that at the Lytham Classic car show last Sunday, there were a few RS Focus that were modified and looked stupid

7 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

Is that a modern Audi next to this? Hopefully that's not going to be a new trend. Far too many RS Focus and Boxsters appearing at classics shows. 😕

There was, probably about half a dozen RS Focuses (Foci?) and other things I feel are not really part of a classics show, including a 71 Plate Bini Cabrio that had been mildly tarted up.
One "owner" of a pimped RS said "dont you want a photo of this?" as I was photographing a capri next to it - I felt like that Nazi sympathiser priest from Father Ted when I said "No, that sort of thing wouldnt interest me at all".

S03E01-1lmOY6Ny-subtitled.jpg

10 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

There was, probably about half a dozen RS Focuses (Foci?) and other things I feel are not really part of a classics show, including a 71 Plate Bini Cabrio that had been mildly tarted up.
One "owner" of a pimped RS said "dont you want a photo of this?" as I was photographing a capri next to it - I felt like that Nazi sympathiser priest from Father Ted when I said "No, that sort of thing wouldnt interest me at all".

Why would he say that, it's like he is trying to force you to like his car, not everyone likes a modified modern, when I went to Lytham I didn't photograph any of the modern cars such as the modified Focuses that were there

20 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

What a thing to ask 😆 What was his reaction?

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

is the guy with the crown (s) called peter - seem to have seen them before but dont remember where - if its him last time i saw him he said he had many crowns

It is Peter Hunter indeed, and yes he has others.

Some great stuff there, excellent patina on the HA Viva.

Rover P5B Coupe or L-reg Cortina Mk3 Estate for me please, ta.

1 hour ago, GrumpyCat said:

Grump over.

Anyway, great pics.

thats been going on for years - if its a one marque show - this happens spesh if its vag - dont go to stuff much now because of this