So I did a thing..... bloody cars

Neil clark

Sold my SLK a couple of weeks ago and instantly regretted it, the moment it drove away I missed it!

So I thought so what's better than a 200 SLK, well a 350 SLK!. So the hunt was on, had to be facelift (meaner look) had to have heated seats and air scarf. A few days on autotrader and one popped up. Really really nice bloke selling, owned it almost 6 years but was 110 miles away.

I hate travelling for cars now but I had to go! And it was everything as described and better, loads of factory options not listed on advert and the facelift cars are 305bhp so it absolutely flies!

Just thought I'd share lol, I'm like the pig in poo today

Third and fourth pics are collection pics after rain!

20220626_083835.jpg

Screenshot_20220624-094905_Auto Trader.jpg

20220625_130350.jpg

20220625_130342.jpg

1 hour ago, stripped fred said:

I like these. How does it drive?

It's amazing, on low throttle it just potters on, floor it and it's mental honestly mental. The 350 has the 7 speed gearbox fitted so its always in the "right" gear. Put it in manual mode and the paddle shift works really well. Smooth, quiet but press on and the exhaust comes alive

Completely different to the 200 model, I was told that but until you drive both it's hard to know why

Interesting. From your thread title I was anticipating some tale of woe! I'm kind of in the same boat having just sold my R170 230. I may* have to replace it. I've ignored the R171 up to now as I preferred the purity of the original. But there's no doubt they're a better car and they're growing on me. Was looking at a 280 yesterday...but sounds like 350 is the one to have. Btw you're prob not as old as me lol.

32 minutes ago, skoda_fan said:

Interesting. From your thread title I was anticipating some tale of woe! I'm kind of in the same boat having just sold my R170 230. I may* have to replace it. I've ignored the R171 up to now as I preferred the purity of the original. But there's no doubt they're a better car and they're growing on me. Was looking at a 280 yesterday...but sounds like 350 is the one to have. Btw you're prob not as old as me lol.

I've had a 230 R170, lovely cars but alot different to the R171. They drive lovely, my 200 drove so so nice. I wudnt have a 280, my thought was just go that extra bit. Tax is cheap enough on these too. People want the air scarf and heated seats so makes them easier to sell if they got these options. If your local and want a drive out give us a shout lol