IRAN'S ARROW: The Rise and Fall of Paykan - (2016 Documentary Film)

PaykanHunter

Hello All,

I am pleased to announce that Teaser-1 and Teaser-2 are up on YouTube now.

Within the next few days the entire film will be on YouTube for your viewing pleasure. I sure hope that everyone on this forum enjoys it, a lot of work went into making this documentary and I can't wait to share it with you all. 

"IRAN'S ARROW: The Rise and Fall of Paykan" is an award-winning documentary about a British car (Rootes Arrow series) that was introduced to Iran in 1967. It was produced under the model name “Paykan” for 38 years. It can still be seen in the streets of Iran today. The film shows the impact this car had on the Iranian society and the impact the Iranian society had on this car.

FULL HD, 78 minutes Produced in Tehran, Iran 2014 - 2016

Written, Directed, and Produced by: Shahin Armin and Sohrab Daryabandari

Cheers,

Shahin Armin 

Thumbnail-1-Teaser-1.jpg

Thumbnail-2-Teaser-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, SmokinWaffle said:

Very exiting! Look forward to watching it. As the previous owner of a Hunter and someone who has family from Iran - I find the whole Paykan crossover super interesting. Good work!

My old Hunter:

Can't wait to share the film with you, thank you for your message. Cheers. 

Sounds interesting.

I found the story of the Paykan intriguing, from the Shah's government wanting a people's car, Peugeot having to pull a lot of political strings to get production restarted after the Iranian revolution, to it's eventual demise, where the Iranian government had to more or less bride the makers to stop production, even though demand was still high.

On 6/25/2022 at 2:33 AM, Richard_FM said:

Sounds interesting.

I found the story of the Paykan intriguing, from the Shah's government wanting a people's car, Peugeot having to pull a lot of political strings to get production restarted after the Iranian revolution, to it's eventual demise, where the Iranian government had to more or less bride the makers to stop production, even though demand was still high.

I would love to know more about what type of strings Peugeot pulled in Iran, although Paykan production never stopped, it was built continuously for 38 years and the Paykan-Pickup ran till 2015.  Regarding how the Paykan production ended in 2005 there is a chapter in the film that pretty much captures the story. There was a lot to pack in 80 minutes so we had to just show the highlights in some areas. Thank you for your message. 

On 6/26/2022 at 12:31 AM, lovejoy said:

Hale shoma chetoreh, Shahin !

👀  we are all awaiting your video, many thanks!  👍

Hale man khobeh merci az shoma. :) Well the wait is finally over and soon all of you be able to see the film and give me your feedbacks. Mercy az Shoma! ;)

On 6/26/2022 at 1:45 AM, grogee said:

Thanks for this, I know there's a lot of interest in this sort of thing here and we were all looking for a DVD or even VHS copy. Look forward to seeing it. I know very little about Iran so I'm pleased to find out more. 

Thank you for your message of support, unfortunately only inside Iran DVDs were distributed. But I am hoping that YouTube be a proper venue to get enough attention on the incredible story of Paykan. Thank You Again! 

• 11 months later...

In the August 2004 edition of Practical Classics a 1982 Paykan Hi-line 1600 is featured and states 'owned by Andy McAdam of the Hillman Owners Club, he believes his car to the sole UK example'. There are no number plates on the car.

Does anyone know what happened to it? It was shown at the 2003 NEC Classic Car show. 

On 6/21/2023 at 6:16 PM, egg said:

In the August 2004 edition of Practical Classics a 1982 Paykan Hi-line 1600 is featured and states 'owned by Andy McAdam of the Hillman Owners Club, he believes his car to the sole UK example'. There are no number plates on the car.

Does anyone know what happened to it? It was shown at the 2003 NEC Classic Car show. 

There is one in the Coventry Transport Museum. 

Maybe the same car?