Airport buses

Eyersey1234

12 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

What’s the script with those Aussie PR100s having both the Renner diamond and MACK lettering on the front panel?

Renault commercial owned Mack at the time. 

They were probably trying to expand both brands. Same as Renault were in bed with Dodge in the UK around the same time.

22 hours ago, Richard_FM said:

From what I remember the UK registered Renault PR100s were lent out to a few UK operators to try them out but none of them put any orders in.  Quite a modern design for something dating back to the early 1970s, & wouldn't look out of place until low floor buses became standard.   Some were earlier exported to Australia which was why they had a RHD version available.

They did the rounds, notably in London, but didn't impress anyone enough to buy any, perhaps because it was an old design and/or from a manufacturer with no history in that market sector. Both settled with Hornsbys in Scunthorpe and against the odds one has actually survived into preservation.

10 hours ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

CORRECTION: the last MK3 was retired in 2020, but there are still 74 MK2s still in service!

And as if by magic, this appeared in my Facebook feed this morning.

743F6D5A-E2F0-4695-8C3D-21F9DE9CAA9A.thumb.jpeg.9d636ec9bc3ce78a57168742f912a587.jpeg

It’s been years since I’ve been to Canberra, I think a trip is in order.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, quicksilver said:

I believe this one was destroyed by Richard Hammond in the Top Gear airport vehicle race.

Luton Airport UBH 394W

Impressive spottage - just watched that sequence and it was indeed that very one.