2 strokes 4 wheels

grogee

Polska Syrena, the only Polish made car, according to him;

Wouldnt mind a Trabant.  On holiday in Germany a couple of years ago, I went on a Trabi Safari around Berlin, where we all drove a convoy of Trabants around Berlin. Fantastic!!  Fell in love with the Trabi then, except for the smokey 2 stroke!! Would not be popular with the neighbours.

http://www.trabi-safari.de/

http://www.trabi-world.com/

18 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

how about something a bit more obscure! I mean its got 4 wheels a 2 Stroke Villiers engine! its a Johnstone Miniature coach, and I singled out FPM 404, to show they really where road registered back in the day, and this one is even DVLA live :) 

image.thumb.png.77a23d31e0ce6dd65c8623b20f9bb190.png

amusingly its registered as a single decker bus and all, can you imagine trying to take it in for an MOT or a DVLA inspection

"ha ha very funny with the toy, now wheres the actual bus?"

"erm...."

More than one one the road

9 hours ago, grogee said:

Yes I know about the feckin Orbital engine! I worked in Ford Powertrain in the 90s. 

I was after series production vehicles preferably. 

Intrigued about a two stroke Land Rover conversion. What was the thinking there? That the standard one wasn't shit enough? 

Land Rover didn't do a diesel at the time. So a potential market.It was a German or Austrian design. There's quite a lot of information on the Turner website. They also made tractors, marine engines, transmissions etc. 

54 minutes ago, grogee said:

I'm a bit surprised there aren't more little Fiats with strokers. I mean they were obviously keen on twin-cylinder & air-cooled; why not go the whole hog and make it a ringer dinger?

well there was the Steinwinter 250, a Fiat 126 with a 250cc Goggomobil engine, (there also was a Fiat 500 version before the 126)

image.png

36 minutes ago, Missy Charm said:

Do four wheel conversions of three wheel designs count, a la Berkeley and Messerschmidt Tiger?  I think there might have been four wheeled Isettas at one time, too.

the Berkeley was originally a 4 wheel design only later becoming a 3 wheeler, and the same goes for the Isetta most where 4 wheelers, only later ones made/sold to the UK where 3 wheelers to get all the juicy discounts on being a Tricycle :)

but the BMW Isetta was a 4 stroke vehicle it was only the earlier Iso Isetta which was 2 stroke

13 minutes ago, 808 Estate said:

Detroit 12v-71.

Detroit 6v-92

The straight six Detroits are always my favourite as they are just so smooth.  The V6s though sound downright angry.  Think hearing a late 80s/early 90s looking city bus screaming off away from a stop while making that noise probably caused one of the best moments of complete cognitive dissonance I've ever come across.

https://youtu.be/V6doLFTAPBo

For some reason that refuses to embed...

• 1 month later...