Jump to content

Autotrader.......


Neil clark
 Share

Recommended Posts

A little story, 

I haven't used autotrader for years, I like ebay. Some right twat accepted an offer then dissappeared straight after which removes the listing meaning id have to pay again!

Having listed my SLK on autotrader about 4-5 days ago it sold tonight, really nice bloke that asked normal sensible questions, got a little more than I thought I might which pays for the advert

Overall I nice experience and ill deffo use it again

Obviously gumtree and Facebook were just the dregs....

Cheers all!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Barry Cade said:

I bought my SLK on Autotrader, it was just like it used to be.. phone seller, arrange to view, test drive, agree a price, cup of coffee, sort V5, shake hands and leave with car. 

I think its free to advertise under a grand?

Quite possibly yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

I bought my SLK on Autotrader, it was just like it used to be.. phone seller, arrange to view, test drive, agree a price, cup of coffee, sort V5, shake hands and leave with car. 

I think its free to advertise under a grand?

My only irritation is that a number of car dealers put the price per month in, so if you search with a filter up to £7000, it will show you cars that are actually £32000, but only £700 a month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

+1 for AutoTrader - my latest heap came from there too.

Definitely less mouth-breathery than Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace. The seller could string a sentence together and answer questions in a non-evasive way.

The 'free below £1k' ad option probably explains the price point of £975 asked for the 'Rolla.

IMG_20220402_171124.thumb.jpg.d5630164c89eb97eed8fbc70f19bb4d3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody know if the free under £1k thing is something recent? 

I seem to remember private sellers getting a basic 1 week advert with 5 photos for free, one ad at a time with no mention about price point? 

Granted I haven't actually sold a car for more than £1000, erm, ever I don't think! Not until prices have shot up, and so will mine accordingly when my Focus hits the market soon. 

That'll be annoying because I wanted to use Autotrader, but I won't be paying almost £50 because I'm asking ~£200 over the threshold. I loathe using Gumtree or eBay, and certainly won't be touching FB (unless I want to reel in some messages for a laugh and the stupid messages thread :))

I'll have to brave Gumtree I guess, and just stick it on Autotrader for an extra £100 or so if it doesn't sell elsewhere 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Anybody know if the free under £1k thing is something recent? 

I seem to remember private sellers getting a basic 1 week advert with 5 photos for free, one ad at a time with no mention about price point? 

Granted I haven't actually sold a car for more than £1000, erm, ever I don't think! Not until prices have shot up, and so will mine accordingly when my Focus hits the market soon. 

That'll be annoying because I wanted to use Autotrader, but I won't be paying almost £50 because I'm asking ~£200 over the threshold. I loathe using Gumtree or eBay, and certainly won't be touching FB (unless I want to reel in some messages for a laugh and the stupid messages thread :))

I'll have to brave Gumtree I guess, and just stick it on Autotrader for an extra £100 or so if it doesn't sell elsewhere 🤷‍♂️

Price it at £999, and charge £200 admin fee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Neil clark said:

Having listed my SLK on autotrader about 4-5 days ago it sold tonight, really nice bloke that asked normal sensible questions, got a little more than I thought I might which pays for the advert

Overall I nice experience and ill deffo use it again

£46 seems like a good price to pay to have that kind of experience instead of a bunch of semi-literate chancers texting you and trying to rip you off morning, noon and night.

To put it another way , one rarely gets something for nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...