Last collection thread...for now...

Flat4

8 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

Collection mission a success :D I'm going home in a car!

20220615_182656.thumb.jpg.2d6e7bf2d88405e6d875d140f69091b3.jpg

No, not the Vauxhall - this! :D

20220615_182633.thumb.jpg.9c0b6418723b7b9763e8c779996d8b5d.jpg

D5 manual, 3 pedal, love it already! Stopped for derv and a McDs before I attempt to brave the M6. Air con is bliss!

The cat is oot the bag. Thank fuck, I'd been trying to keep schtum for ages. 😆

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

The cat is oot the bag. Thank fuck, I'd been trying to keep schtum for ages. 😆

i only found out last night when i asked when did she want picking up from gla... oor netti has previous tho, granvia turned up on a trailer, northerrn monkey arrived with the bmw, the focus just appeared, a boy delivering dog food delivered a ferret and once she went out for milk and came back with 2 rats.... aff her efffin heid

The big blue bastard is home! Need to figure out wtf is going on with the fuelling system as it fired up once the fuel pump had been cycled a few times on position  2. Air getting in some where? Fuel filter looks old and nothing recent in the history that explicitly says it was done, may have been as part of a service but seems like a logical place to start. 

Final scores on the doors, it's now claiming an average of 52.9mpg! No pics yet, coz knackered, but I'll be chuffed if it's getting any where near that!

It runs and drives REALLY well, despite the hiccup. 

I have now been awake more than 24 hours but I'm reasonably confident it will be worth it :)

44 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

52.9MPG?! Bloody HELL. Petrol at nearly £2 a litre has me thinking I should punt my 850 T5 now and get myself one of these bad boys instead.

Personally I'd just stick an LPG conversion on the T5 but the D5 is a fabulous engine, when it's not being strangled by a Chinese auto box! Even that did an average of 45mpg. This one was showing 50.2 average mpg when I collected it so hopefully the nice long run to stretch it's legs has helped, aside from the possible air lock.

You know you've repatriated a Volvo to Scotland when you realise the amount of dead midges you collected on your last 100 miles 😆

20220616_174134.thumb.jpg.9245e48d6309d3c3f7b7e31e384d181f.jpg

20220616_174144.thumb.jpg.61ae38a5ec583a5fe121cb0a66590a27.jpg

Incidentally, if anyone sees chrome versions of these corner trim pieces for sale, can you give me a shout? I'm also looking for colour coded bump strips for the doors, and a front passenger door if it's the right colour. It has a dent in the lower half and some scuffs and scratches on top that I missed when I initially viewed (because it was wet at the time 🙄) which I think would be easier to tidy up with a replacement door rather than trying to pull the dent, fill, paint, etc.

In other news, the big blue bastard just started first go after being sat slightly downhill all day! I was going down hill when it cut out this morning so it's a relief it's behaving, for now.

Also...

20220616_174831.thumb.jpg.192a33a4bef733f773f0510acd1e7140.jpg

😁

1 minute ago, big_al_granvia said:

for once she bought a car that isnt a project, only needs towball swapping or a alko (ugga dugga) swap 2 wheels and give a good decontamination, wash and polish... well bought

Err swap all 4 wheels once you've painted the black pair silver again.