Bromley Pagent 2022

wesacosa

10 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Looks like an interesting selection of stuff there.

I used to enjoy trips there in the late '90s/early '00s, got lots of good brochures at the autojumble too. Strange to see cars there that weren't even produced when I was going....

I always find that a bit of a mind bender too have been going since at least 1990. 

Really enjoyed it this year. Real blend of cars, enthusiastic people and great weather.

Unsure if this is of interest but I am subbed to Lloyd Vehicle Consulting who has covered the event. He is quite thorough with the exception of 'forbidden fuel' powered cars (ie: diesel). 10 parts, around 30-35 minutes each. Parts 1 and 2 uploaded so far. Here's part 1.

3 hours ago, bezzabsa said:

why did I instantly think of Captain Scarlet when I saw this....anyone know what it is/was?

20220612_122027.jpg

I did try reading the plaque but too many people and I didn't go back. It was parked with the minis and Riley Elf.  It was a something Jeep just can't remember what the something was

EDIT

It was a SHADO Jeep

1 minute ago, wesacosa said:

I do really like those Mk1 vRS.  I have been fancying a red or yellow one for a long time now 

Yes I love mine and it is the one car that has stayed with me for a number of years. It does everything you want from a car and even with 111k on the clock she still has plenty of go. Unfortunately other cars have come and gone and taken up attention and resources which with hindsight would've been better spent keeping the vRS tiptop. The one at the show had 170k on it but had had a stack of money spent on it including a full respray.