Over 2000 miles, 10 days, 45bhp (when new)

Ian_Fearn

Seconded - a good hard 200 miles over the next few days will show up any faults. Don’t forget to do some slow stop-start city driving too, as that will give the cooling system a proper challenge which it won’t get when you’re going 50mph

Good advice! It’s got a few successful miles under its belt this week so I’m 100%* confident in its ability to go the distance 😂. It had a good going over this last week, new clutch, rad, coolant, fluids etc. This car has done the trip twice before.

D79E85D9-9FC4-43BA-A283-B9D5898F443A.thumb.jpeg.5836cf04b191171ee6919f9a13f4673a.jpeg

For anyone that doesn’t know the back story to this event, back in 2017 an Italian lady posted on facebook that she was going to take her old Panda to a town 30 mins outside Milan called Pandino. Somewhat surprisingly ~100 cars turned up. This very sleepy little town was somewhat surprised but in the classic Italian way, embraced the whole thing and from 2018 it became a huge town party.

Roll forward to 2018 and 365 cars turned up and Fiat used the event to launch their Waze Panda.

The following year nearly 700 cars turned up.

Covid has meant 20 and 21 was cancelled but this year I am entry number 1791 so having been in 18 and 19 I’m expecting big things this year!

087A49BB-EF72-4DC7-80D6-F3C103804811.thumb.jpeg.d8e3f39c87a3376993c3bb0c874e2789.jpeg

32 minutes ago, mat_the_cat said:

I love this kind of daft stuff! What's your daily sort of mileage? Solo will give you freedom, so I find it enjoyable in a different kind of way.

Probably a maximum of 300. I’ve done it in 2 days before but I’m not looking to break any records this time.

Leg 1 complete:

Staying in this stunning Kent countryside hotel. Absolutely bloody lovely. If my camera was better you’d see the French coastline in the picture.

It was damn hot driving down and that’s only a taste of the temperatures to come. Car is running great though and keeping cool even in traffic after a 70+mph motorway way. Very happy with that.

AC9FD77E-EC84-44B6-9524-24AC15D95236.thumb.jpeg.222ba1fa687f2c88d545193f4cdfe073.jpeg

similar route to that I took on the way to Monaco in the Favorit pre Covid. The St Bernard pass is spectacular but bloody steep (my pen pic is the Fav at the top of the pass). I ended up foot flat to the floor and taking the racing line around the hairpins for the last mile because I knew if I lifted off I would stop and not get moving again!

5 hours ago, Ian_Fearn said:

I’ve just done 226 miles on 3.99 gallons of fuel. That’s 56+mpg!!! 

I really didn’t hang about either. Is this the benefit of running on BP Ultimate? Surely not?

All downhill if you're going to the seaside

Yesterday’s hard motorway road run took its toll on the MPGEeeeeeees. 51.8 recorded. I’m driving from Reims to Besancon today and decided to get off the Peage roads. Lots of stop/start and diversions due to road works. Yesterday I paid nearly 30 euros to do about 160 miles. 
It’s mega hot here. 100% not used to this. I’m cowering in the shade after a top quality Aldi cold snack lunch. I really know how to live it up.

France has really lost its edge when it comes to shite. Spots are few and far between. The odd mint 2cv and today’s highlight, a daily driver Talbot Solara. No picture sorry.

908F569B-D9E7-4D58-AA82-A7B75C247AB0.thumb.jpeg.87ee60b53c0890b5d7b75ff74370f943.jpeg

Nice! Should be a pleasant drive on the back roads. Hint: get a fan that plugs into the lighter socket, suction cup on the window.

Stuck in traffic it hammers the battery/alternator much less than the cabin fan.

Looking forward to updates. You need a GoPro!

Phil