Electric (EV) Shite

Boverus

Eh up,

Just thought I would start a thread for electric vehicles, some of the first ones will be getting on a bit now (Prius, Insight etc) so will qualify in that respect as shite if not in their own right, and also some shite boxes will be getting converted also so I thought I would pop this here to see who, what, how etc. Sorry if already been done, if so please direct me that way 

I think the Breadvan thread above is about modern EV technology and how they can substitute for an ICE car. 

This thread sorts like the perfect place for all those weird American experiments of the 1960s/70s/80s as well as more modern junk like the Reva G-Wiz. 

I think someone in the US tried to sell Renault Dauphines with the engines replaced by lots of batteries, under another name. This would have been early to mid 1960s, I’ll have to see if I can dig out the article. 

There was a fantastically successful* attempt by Peugeot to sell an electric 106 in the early 90s, I think for the French market only. There was one on the Peugeot stand at a recent Retromobile.