Collection 2 of 2 :)

Flat4

10 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Oh mate, let me tell you something. The hand car wash opposite the laser quest charged me £10 to wash my Lane Cruiser.

Where my Corolla was in Birmingham, I drove it up to one at the top of the road and the cheeky prick wanted £10 to do it. 

most round my me are £7 for cars ....wash n dry.. cost me £10 for the combo..bloody smaller than most cars LOL..

the one by laser quest always looks busy...maybe because they have a "lady" helping LOL...NOT that I noticed she has quite a nice....erm.....washing action!!

5 hours ago, St.Jude said:

Oh mate, let me tell you something. The hand car wash opposite the laser quest charged me £10 to wash my Lane Cruiser.

Where my Corolla was in Birmingham, I drove it up to one at the top of the road and the cheeky prick wanted £10 to do it. 

Everyone who has seen that car and thought “it’s a bit shit” and who’s driven it after come away being impressed with it. 

Enjoy it! And when/if the time comes for it to move on I would quite like to have first refusal.

Yes, it’s been 6 hours and I’m already missing the damn thing!!

Duly noted :) Altho I have just noticed this on the windscreen and think it's quite appropriate Paddy is coming to another home with a Staffie :D

20220604_221539.thumb.jpg.aa5ccf24f4e6e2f4b1275c21cea76a82.jpg

In other news, Scotland has been achieved! And I am in need of more caffeine....Not far from home now tho.

Got the obligatory petrol station shot after all :)

20220604_232907.thumb.jpg.f3036fb0371f100fc30de2e5f02f934c.jpg

Fuel light came on during the last bit of the M74 and as I didn't know how much I had in reserve, I thought I best splash and dash a couple of gallons to get me home - £1.92 a litre! 😡

On the other hand, worked out the MPG on our first tankful together and if my maths is correct, we got some where between 50-53mpg :o Definitely what we need right now!

caravan kitchen removed (cheers @Floatylight ) so i could get the seat back, it seems to have shrunk over the last 25 years lol, mum had the earlier style and it was a hoot, or perhaps i am older and fatter.... sounds great, car is just me, simple controls as that was what i hated in the merc... 

my plan of action, good polish, fit a radio, the thinking rally giant style spots and possibly a rev counter... but aye she is nice

2 hours ago, big_al_granvia said:

caravan kitchen removed (cheers @Floatylight ) so i could get the seat back, it seems to have shrunk over the last 25 years lol, mum had the earlier style and it was a hoot, or perhaps i am older and fatter.... sounds great, car is just me, simple controls as that was what i hated in the merc... 

my plan of action, good polish, fit a radio, the thinking rally giant style spots and possibly a rev counter... but aye she is nice

Rev counter might be tricky, as the clocks for the Corolla’s with a rev counter are all electronic (as in the speedo is electronic too). The clock on that is mechanical, and when I looked in to it i think it was a lot of work for something that may not have worked if that makes sense?

There are proper rally spec red mud flaps in the boot btw!!!

52 minutes ago, big_al_granvia said:

fuck aye, that is fun, proper sorted wee rally car, welded to the road, not lacking in power, handles really firm and tight, can push it hard and it is pretty neutral.... aye that'll dae me

Polybushes on the front did that, before I did it it wallowed around corners and didn’t feel great. I got them through GT4 Play, and I think they’re black which means they’re racing spec.

I’m chuffed it’s checking the boxes for you both 👍

2 hours ago, St.Jude said:

Polybushes on the front did that, before I did it it wallowed around corners and didn’t feel great. I got them through GT4 Play, and I think they’re black which means they’re racing spec.

I’m chuffed it’s checking the boxes for you both 👍

You've built an absolutely stunning wee car! It's brilliant fun and we promise to look after it. Thank you for trusting us with Paddy :)

16 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I bought some wheels from a  guy in Kelso last year, he had a very similar spec Corolla to this, 1.3, sticky tyres, stainless exhaust etc. It bloody flew! I'd quite like to try one at some point. 

You're welcome to have a drive if you're ever up this way again :)

9 hours ago, Flat4 said:

You've built an absolutely stunning wee car! It's brilliant fun and we promise to look after it. Thank you for trusting us with Paddy :)

totally, i really dont think there is much to do spanner wise. you had a vision and a plan for paddy, it is now our job to carry that vision on. for once the wife and i are on the same track, see where it takes us